Carnival Ecstasy - Trundle or Roll-A-Way?

Chasgirl1679

Traveling on the Ecstasy for the first time in August. There will be three of us sharing an interior stateroom.

My question is - does the ecstasy have trundle beds or roll-a-ways?

I am wondering, if a trundle, how comfortable that would be for a 20something? Or should we upgrade into a room with a wall bed that would just pull out?

All advice is appreciated!

Edited by Chasgirl1679

As the third in the cabin I always choose the wall bed.

The trundle sits low to the ground. The rollaway is the folding kind.

Here's a thread with pictures

E173 and E203 on Carnival Inspiration

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2439397

Edited by SadieN

It was 4 of us in our room on the Ecstasy last year. Of course my wife and I use the king size bed, which is 2 twin beds put together. They would leave them 2 twin beds for 2 of you. The other would either have the pull down or the trundle. My oldest (13) used the pull down and my youngest (5) used the trundle. The trundle was nothing more than a cot that was on the floor. As a grown man, I would personally use the pull down over the trundle as the trundle just looked way too uncomfortable/small.

Hi

Maybe this will help you with a little more info. What I have found is the following.

Cabins with a picture window do have Pullman's or formally known as upper berths. They are the beds that during the day are flush with the wall. At night they pull down similar to a top bunk bed and a ladder is provided with maybe 4 rungs.

Most Ecstasy inside cabins do NOT have upper berths any longer. There are a few located forward and aft. Very few. This is a change from years ago. It appears they are doing away with Upper berths.

So, now passengers who want inside cabins AND a Upper berth are stuck in the Aft location :( . OR given no other choice but to go with Outside/picture window at slightly higher cost.

Upper berths reduce clutter and tripping, banging around if someone must use the bathroom during the night. I understand a passenger can request a topper for the trundle which is a roll away with fancy name as well as a topper for the single sofa bed. I would call Carnival and notate the record AND as soon as your arrival to your cabin request the same with your room attendant.

I do wish they would bring back uppers for families. The topper may help.

Happy Cruising!!

Edited by Rachel16

on the deck plans you want to look at cabins that have at least one dot in the cabin # that denotes there are 3 beds in the room

You do NOT want a trundle Its very small. Good for a small kid

http://tom-n-cheryl.smugmug.com/CRUISES/Carnival-Sensation-March-31st/i-fM6wqMZ/0/L/IMG_0615-L.jpg

We were on the Ecstasy for a 5 day cruise a few years ago. Interior room and had a roll away bed. They actually set it up along one wall (more of a 'permanent' setup). I went with my daughter (who was 17) and another friend. For us it didn't seem bad, essentially if you were in the room, you were in a bed to sit. Unless sleeping we were not in the room though. It probably was fine for us since I ended up with strep throat on the cruise, didn't do much the last two days, once I got antibiotics things were fine. And because we were in such close area, everyone ended up with it. Probably would have happened with a bigger room too.

My daughter is short though -- she is only 5'1'. I wouldn't know how it would work with someone taller. You also have to be able to like "togetherness"

We were on her 3 years ago and were in an interior cabin, mid-ship. You can see from the photo (hopefully it came through) that when the bottom beds are together, it doesn't leave much floor space. We typically have 5 in our cabin, but our middle son stayed with his grandparents in their cabin on a trundle. He hated it. The roll away is a much better choice if you don't have the uppers.

067.jpg.70ec74a2fbd4df5cd9cedfedc3fe7447.jpg

We were in an inside on the verandah deck and my 13 year old son had a trundle. it is really low to the ground. If you don't shove it under the bed during the day, it takes up a lot of room. He did fine with it, but I would not book a trundle again, and I personally wouldn't want to sleep on one.

They are trundles, not rollaways. And they are low to the ground. But they are awesome. On Fantasy class ships, we always book rooms that have a trundle for the third person instead of the upper. The bunk mattress is not comfortable. But the trundle is very comfortable. For an adult they add an extender so it is plenty long. We set the three beds up in a U shape and the trundle slides under the desk slightly. It is a perfect setup that leaves plenty of floor space. I wanted to switch beds with my daughter because I thought the trundle was more comfortable than the regular bed, but she wouldn't give it up.