Gap between cruises

dorts

Just looking at the itinerary for my upcoming cruise and notice that the ship docks at the embarkation port 4 days before my cruise...The rest of the itinerary shows the boat pretty much docking and embarking again on the same day. Is there usually a reason for this gap?!? Change of crew maybe?!? Just thinking it may mean getting on the ship early if no passengers are disembarking that day :)

Just looking at the itinerary for my upcoming cruise and notice that the ship docks at the embarkation port 4 days before my cruise...The rest of the itinerary shows the boat pretty much docking and embarking again on the same day. Is there usually a reason for this gap?!? Change of crew maybe?!? Just thinking it may mean getting on the ship early if no passengers are disembarking that day :)

which cruise are you talking about - could it mean there is a 4 day itinerary before your sailing?

Just cked it out - your right - there is an 8 night before you - June 6-14 - then nothing until yours leaving a Gap - it would be very strange for any cruiseline to leave a ship empty for 4 nights without any revenue. My guess is its chartered for 4 nights. why not call whoever you booked with to try to find out ?

A charter is where a large group takes the ship for a private cruise. A cruise we were on a couple years ago had a large group of deaf people, the one man we spoke with said that they were going to charter their next cruise and it would all be people with hearing impairments.