Dining on the Arcadia

Southoffranceman

We are considering a cruise on the Arcadia. I see that there is fixed time dining on varying size tables with the same people each night or free time dining. I assume you have to commit to one at the time of booking .....if so and you wish a change on board can you say do a few nights free time dining in place of the fixed time fixed table ?.....I ask because we are considering the World Cruise for Jan 2018 and would need variety on a 99 night cruise

We did a Fjords cruise on Arcadia last September- loved it.

We had 5 nights in the MDR - fixed dining at 630pm (2 formal nights) and other 2 nights we went to the buffet.

We had a table for 2 and were beside a much larger table. Some nights there were maybe only 2 out of 8 on the big table.

I don't know if you could do anytime as well as fixed....

Someone with far more experience than me will be along soon.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

We are considering a cruise on the Arcadia. I see that there is fixed time dining on varying size tables with the same people each night or free time dining. I assume you have to commit to one at the time of booking .....if so and you wish a change on board can you say do a few nights free time dining in place of the fixed time fixed table ?.....I ask because we are considering the World Cruise for Jan 2018 and would need variety on a 99 night cruise

As far as i'm aware you chose when booking, and that's it. I don't think you will be able to chop and change throughout the cruise. Lets say you booked freedom, then a few nights later you wanted set dining. Where would they put you. The set time diners would have had their table mates for a few days...it wouldn't work suddenly adding another 2 into the mix, only for them to disappear a few days after that.

You have to choose when booking.

You cannot chop and change during the cruise.

Arcadia has two other select dining restaurants - Sindhu and Ocean Grill - both excellent.

There is also the buffet restaurant to go to.

These rules apply to all P&O ships, but the select dining venues differ on each one.

You can change your dining on board. Just go and see the restaurant manager, subject to availability.

On a world cruise, I don't see why you cannot change at the end of each sector, when there is a major change of passengers.

Brian

Someone on this years World cruise posted that they were on Freedom dining first sector but asked restaurant manager if they could change to fixed for next sector and he sorted.

I have always found if you ask nicely to the restaurant manager they will try for you even if you booked a saver price. I have been in the queue to talk to manager and heard people rant and rave insisting on change and not been successful so worth being nice, explain why and say you would appreciate if they could help and worked for us several times.