Cheers question.....

Vinlin06

My husband and I are going on first cruise in May. We will both purchase the cheers plan. I broke my leg last year and will still be using a walker when we cruise. Can he take my card with him and get drinks for both of us, or will I need to go to the bar and get myself?

No problems with us last June. My husband got most of my drinks for me. He even only got me a drink a lot of times. They probably see that both cards are linked and they know the men have the duty of getting the drinks. ;)

Just remember to give him your card.

No problems with us last June. My husband got most of my drinks for me. He even only got me a drink a lot of times. They probably see that both cards are linked and they know the men have the duty of getting the drinks. ;)

Just remember to give him your card.

Good information. I thought both needed to be present.

A lot of the venues (Lido deck, lounges, etc.) have bar servers come round to take your order, so no problems there. You can always give a bartender an extra up-front tip and explain the situation and they will more than like make sure that you are taken care of the remainder of your cruise.

My husband and I are going on first cruise in May. We will both purchase the cheers plan. I broke my leg last year and will still be using a walker when we cruise. Can he take my card with him and get drinks for both of us, or will I need to go to the bar and get myself?

Hi there

Unless you are talking about your husband going out to get you drinks for the two of you in your cabin...the venues would be small enough that a bartender could see you, or more typical there would be servers coming to your table to take your order.

If it is the former, I can't say from experience, but if you get to know some of the bartenders, you will probably be ok.

have a great cruise

Thanks for the help. I was actually thinking about when we are at the pool. I did not know if there would be servers to come around. I have learned so much on this forum that I almost feel like I have been on a cruise. Thanks again!:):)

Hi there

Unless you are talking about your husband going out to get you drinks for the two of you in your cabin...the venues would be small enough that a bartender could see you, or more typical there would be servers coming to your table to take your order.

If it is the former, I can't say from experience, but if you get to know some of the bartenders, you will probably be ok.

have a great cruise

Every night for 14 days i brought drinks back to my cabin, while my wife was getting ready for dinner. I brought both our S&S cards to the bar and was never questioned. Why would they care?

Thanks for the help. I was actually thinking about when we are at the pool. I did not know if there would be servers to come around. I have learned so much on this forum that I almost feel like I have been on a cruise. Thanks again!:):)

This is where we did this the most. We found a quiet place to lay out. The crew didn't come around much, but we were above where a bar was. So my husband would just make a quick run down to the bar and get us both drinks. No problem. :)

Technically the bartenders are not supposed to do it, and some won't, but a majority will. They are sometimes skeptical about charging a card without the person there because someone could always find a card on the floor and start charging drinks on the account. I always cruise with my girlfriend and the first day, or first couple rounds at the pool, we've always gone to the bar together so the bartenders associate us as being together and we never have an issue the rest of the week.

Technically the bartenders are not supposed to do it, and some won't, but a majority will. They are sometimes skeptical about charging a card without the person there because someone could always find a card on the floor and start charging drinks on the account. I always cruise with my girlfriend and the first day, or first couple rounds at the pool, we've always gone to the bar together so the bartenders associate us as being together and we never have an issue the rest of the week.

Completely untrue, who said the bartenders are not "suppose to", me think you made that up. I also have more faith in mankind, if I found a S&S on the floor, I would turn it into the bar, not sneak a drink.