Cost of cancellation?

Jayneykul

With great regret may have to cancel our sail in summit in May booked on summit last May. Obviously will lose the deposit but I seem to recall when booking onboard you had to refund the $300 credit you were given. Can anyone help?

With great regret may have to cancel our sail in summit in May booked on summit last May. Obviously will lose the deposit but I seem to recall when booking onboard you had to refund the $300 credit you were given. Can anyone help?

If you booked under UK T&C, then this will be an interesting one to watch. Usually, under US T&C, the deposit you paid covers the OBC you already took on the current cruise. Now this is where it gets a little more complicated because, under UK T&C, you would still 'owe' the deposit e.g. if you hadn't already taken the OBC you would have lost your deposit anyway. I've just checked on the UK T&C for a cruise we have booked onboard (unsure if you have any paperwork attached to your original onboard booking where you could check), but in section 9 it states:

'For any guests that received Instant Onboard Spend on their original sailing - any stateroom downgrades, including (some) changes in destination or a change to a shorter cruise after the booking is made, will result in an additional charge being applied to your booking.'

It doesn't say cancel, but I would imagine it's the same? In other words, you would be charged for the deposit amount again. It will be interesting to see if this does transpire or if X just write it off where you won't have lost anything. Have you considered moving the booking to an alternative sailing and transferring the perks across?

Thank you for your help the booking was made on a Bermuda sail for another Bermuda sail so I don't know if uk booking terms apply. I would love to transfer to another sailing if that's possible but I doubt the perks we got would transfer across. I'm going to have another go at trying to download my booking terms again and will post again

Thank you for your help the booking was made on a Bermuda sail for another Bermuda sail so I don't know if uk booking terms apply. I would love to transfer to another sailing if that's possible but I doubt the perks we got would transfer across. I'm going to have another go at trying to download my booking terms again and will post again

If you booked in pounds sterling and are using a UK TA or UK X, then it will be UK T&C. If using a US TA and paying in US$ it will be under their T&C ;).