Suitcases!

tps

We are doing our first fly cruise this year. Because we have added an extra couple of days in our embarkation resort onto the end of our cruise, we are flying in and out with a different airline to others on the same cruise. My question is, once you've checked your suitcases in at the airport, is this the last time you see them until you get on the ship? Or do we need to collect them off the luggage carousel at the airport and take them to the vehicle that is transferring us to the ship? I hope this makes sense, thanks.

Are the flights booked with P&O or did you book them yourself? If you booked them independently you'll need to collect the suitcases at the end of your cruise, then take them to your resort, then put them on the transfer to the airport/check them on your flight.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe the only occasions you check-in your luggage then don't see it again until it arrives at your cabin, is for those routes where they operate a 'bonded luggage' scheme eg. Caribbean. I suspect too that this would also operate only on flights where all passengers were going to the ship - or at least all booked with the same holiday company. I'm sure as independent travellers on a flight where passengers' destinations vary and may be booked with a number of holiday companies they couldn't offer this facility. It's great when they can though - very stress free.

Perhaps you will have your luggage bonded on the outbound journey but although presumably they will provide transfers as part of the package to your hotel and back to the airport I guess you would have to be responsible for your luggage until you check in on the return. Perhaps it would be best to give P&O a ring to confirm how it works for you with an add-on element to your cruise.