What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

I wonder if first time cruisers are considered before others, as a marketing tool to get them to cruise ncl again.

Sailing Escape on 1-13, still 70+ days out. Someone in our roll call just got upgraded with a minimum bid from inside to balcony. Not their first sailing. No Haven upgrades have been given out yet.

The bidding on my cruise starts in about 15 days on the BA. We have a spa balcony. They have been sold out for about a week now. Lots of Haven Cabins still open. I would think our cabin would be a hot cabin for NCL to try bump people up to. I also think they would want us to bid on a Haven. I hope we get the email to bid

I wonder if first time cruisers are considered before others, as a marketing tool to get them to cruise ncl again.

I really don't think so; if anything I would think it would be visa versa. I think it has more to do with availability. I have noticed the larger ships seems to be the ones that do the most upgrading. DARN!!!!!!

Mine for the 11/25 Epic sailing is also pending. I bid really high for mini suite (they are sold out) and balcony. I'm afraid I will be stuck in the windowless inside cave room :(

Check prices - might be cheaper just to upgrade to a balcony than to do a very high bid through the bidding process.

When we had our opportunity to bid, the only non-Haven offered to us was a regular mini-suite. I’m not sure why the regular spa or the spa mini wasn’t offered, since they are priced higher than our aft balcony.

If you are in any balcony category the only thing you will be able to bid on is mini-suite and Haven Suites. Even if you are in the lowest balcony category you will NOT get the option to bid on say.. a spa balcony.

long time lurker first time poster.

just got accepted from an aft (very last room) balcony to a midship mini-suite for $100 total on the 11/5 Getaway.

I originally booked an inside stateroom but realized like last week that prices plummeted for our sail date so I called and they bumped me to a balcony for a very small fee, which included adding another perk and $100 more in onboard credit.

Mine for the 11/25 Epic sailing is also pending. I bid really high for mini suite (they are sold out) and balcony. I'm afraid I will be stuck in the windowless inside cave room :(

I didn't go through the bidding process but I saw that the balconies on my 16 day Australia/New Zealand cruise had dropped quite a bit for a January sailing. I was able to upgrade from inside to balcony for less than $250 per person. I also received another $50 credit through my travel agency and 4 specialty dining nights for each of us. I was quite happy. I am surprising my husband.:)

So what do you think? Im leaving in 17 days. In a mid ship balcony. I already have a bid in for aft penthouse and forward penthouse. One of each left. There are quite a few open balconies so they really don't need mine.

Do you think I still may see the upgrade? I bid low fair grade.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

So what do you think? Im leaving in 17 days. In a mid ship balcony. I already have a bid in for aft penthouse and forward penthouse. One of each left. There are quite a few open balconies so they really don't need mine.

Unlikely - only 2 people on the entire ship will get the upgrade.

If you are in any balcony category the only thing you will be able to bid on is mini-suite and Haven Suites. Even if you are in the lowest balcony category you will NOT get the option to bid on say.. a spa balcony.

Why won't they let us bid on the spa balconies or spa minisuites? There are many spa balconies open on our sailing. We already have an angled balcony. I contacted them today to get a price for a spa minisuite and was quoted $280pp. A spa balcony was $180 per guest. No bidding on either of these only on the Haven Spa balcony with the lowest bid of $400 pp.

I am waiting to hear about my bid on Nov 25th Escape. Is there a specific time of day that the emails are sent out notifying the winners? So I can stop checking every 30 minutes. lol

I'm in the exact same boat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

long time lurker first time poster.

just got accepted from an aft (very last room) balcony to a midship mini-suite for $100 total on the 11/5 Getaway.

I originally booked an inside stateroom but realized like last week that prices plummeted for our sail date so I called and they bumped me to a balcony for a very small fee, which included adding another perk and $100 more in onboard credit.

If I'm past final payment and booked a guaranteed inside cabin on Gem 12/2 and now Oceanview are cheaper than my inside cabin, is there anything I can do? I have bids in on an Oceanview and Balcony... but not getting my hopes up. I reached out to my TA a while back and they said they couldn't do anything.

If I'm past final payment and booked a guaranteed inside cabin on Gem 12/2 and now Oceanview are cheaper than my inside cabin, is there anything I can do? I have bids in on an Oceanview and Balcony... but not getting my hopes up. I reached out to my TA a while back and they said they couldn't do anything.

Call - they should move you to ocean view at no cost if OV is less than what you’ve already paid.

Hope you get the aft penthouse. Those are some of the best cabins on the ship with huge balconies. Might want to bump the offer up just a little.

Does anybody know about this situation. As previously mentioned we won a bid for an ocean view upgrade. If I book the Oceanview directly, which would now include 2 perks, would I get another option to bid on an upgrade to a balcony.