Live on board the Escape - random thoughts

MidTexHorn

Glad you had a nice trip. It sounds like you do all the same stuff we do, from the spin classes to the catamaran trip and even the sail away at La Cucina. We have also been married 30 years!

I also am always shocked by the positive reviews of OSheehans as I thought it was by far the worst food ever. But its open 24 hours ,which is nice.

We went to St. John this last trip and did a sailing trip with Kuralu in Tortola but we are going again and I like the sound of your catamaran trip... especially lunch! How much was it? I quickly looked but did not see price and do not have a day to book yet.

We are trying Celebrity in September, I hope it has enough to do for hubby.

I believe the trip on the Sweet Pea was around $180/person. Not inexpensive, but well worth it per everyone in our group and we loved not having the booze cruise atmosphere of some other catamarans. It was like sailing on your best friend's catamaran, if your best friend was an experienced sailing captain married to a great chef.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We really enjoyed your impressions and comparisons. We have been on the Escape four times and still have a couple of things we haven't seen or done yet. (Have never made it to Howl at the Moon for one....) One reason we keep going back to this ship is Food Republic. Hope they add a FR to the Bliss!

O'Sheehans hasn't always been great, but adequate for breakfast, etc. Finally tried the Thai Wings (after reading here) and did find them tasty. And we finally tried their 'Chicago' hotdog. While not quite like others we have had, we did it enjoy it for a quick lunch. The best recommendation I can give for O'Sheehans is try it for breakfast when you don't want to fight the buffet;)

6) The ship definitely has a bit of an odd shimmy. Reflection felt more solid, but I think we also had smoother seas on that trip, so not a totally fair comparison. Ship looks and feels a bit top heavy. Weather is a bit windy and waves seem to be coming from all directions, so ship is bobbing around a bit more than we'd like. Nothing major, just a slight annoyance. I would not enjoy hitting 15-20' seas in this thing.

Yes, and wow. it took some getting used to. I have to say it rocked me to sleep at night...

Hey to a fellow Texan, but have lived in Iowa 24 years. Thank you for your review. I have not sailed NCL before and am worried. We have a mini-suite as well. We have sailed Carnival, Celebrity, HAL, Princess and RCCL over a span of many years. Loved the X Solstice to Hawaii. There will be 15 of us sailing together and most on met that cruise.

With our group, we range from 50-70, we will have fun but the dining and pool scene worries me.

Thanks so much for the review. We sail in July and have been looking forward to this cruise and the ship for the last year!!! I had no idea you could bag check at the airport!!! Great info!!! We have a later flight as well when we disembark and that would really allow us to do brunch or hit the beach one last time. Does anyone know if they do this at MIA as well??

Hi there! We've had quite a winter, haven't we? I am SO excited to be on the beautiful Escape in a week!

We'll take good care of her for you! :D

I don't know about you, but I'm done with Winter by the time February rolls round. We've had it all over the place this year. Lots of snow, lots of sun, beautiful days, freezing temps for extended periods, then more snow!!! LOL

Have you been on Escape before? I was on Getaway last year, and would have gone back, but Escape's dates worked better for me. Thanks for taking care of her for me! It's too bad we weren't on the same sailing... could have stopped and said, "hi"! Have a great time :)

Hey to a fellow Texan, but have lived in Iowa 24 years. Thank you for your review. I have not sailed NCL before and am worried. We have a mini-suite as well. We have sailed Carnival, Celebrity, HAL, Princess and RCCL over a span of many years. Loved the X Solstice to Hawaii. There will be 15 of us sailing together and most on met that cruise.

With our group, we range from 50-70, we will have fun but the dining and pool scene worries me.

I wouldn't worry. It's a beautiful ship, with much to recommend it. I just wanted to give my honest thoughts about some of the referenced issues, but they sure didn't keep us from having a fabulous time. Even with those issues, I think you'd have to try really hard to not enjoy a cruise on the Escape.