Labadee Floating Mat Question!

SarahD112

Last time we were in Labadee the blue cabanas were free. Now I see they get $35 for one. On my trip there in October I will be choosing a spot under some trees, hopefully loungers are free? BTW, Ibring a couple of blow up mats that I got for $1 at pinch a penny pool supply. I am too cheap to pay $20 for a mat..LOL.

I have the best floating mat: It has mesh in the middle and a "blow up ring" around the whole thing. Unlike the dollar store mattresses, it blows up super quick, and it folds up and fits into a handled bag. Though it doesn't exactly get heavy use, it's over a decade old and has saved us lots of rentals.

This sounds perfect! Do you know the actual name of the product, or where you got it?

Is there much shade at Labadee? I can't afford the price of the cabanas and need to stay out of the sun for at least part of the day.

We've been able to find shade at Labadee. Get off the ship early to have the most choices.

This sounds perfect! Do you know the actual name of the product, or where you got it?

If you look at my post above, I wrote about the same thing.....They are made by Swimways....I get mine at Walmart for about $15. I looked at Swimways site and it looks like they aren't making them anymore...bummer.... but you can get them on Amazon or here....https://www.poolsupplies.com/product/papasan-spring-float

[/url]

They are PERFECT for traveling and cruising!

We've been able to find shade at Labadee. Get off the ship early to have the most choices.

Do we get an early tender ticket if we have a cabana since it's considered an 'excursion'?

I also use the floatie with the mesh on the inside. I got mine at Wal-Mart. They carry them at Target as well. They are around $15 and come in 2 sizes. One is full body length and the other is small and round and works like a floating chair when you sit in it. I have taken both, and both fit in a suitcase, but the larger one only fits in the big sized checked luggage while the smaller one can fit in a carry on. The smaller one is also a lot easier to put in a beach bag and carry around for the day. I usually only bring the small one with me now, but both are light enough to be good options.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you look at my post above, I wrote about the same thing.....They are made by Swimways....I get mine at Walmart for about $15. I looked at Swimways site and it looks like they aren't making them anymore...bummer.... but you can get them on Amazon or here....https://www.poolsupplies.com/product/papasan-spring-float

[/url]

They are PERFECT for traveling and cruising!

Mine is different from this, but the same idea.

Mine is different from this, but the same idea.

I stand corrected. After perusing the web I found the one I have and it is the same thing, it's just a different color so in the picture it looked different. In person it is much more "mesh-y" looking than this picture makes it appear. The picture makes it look like the inside part that you sit on is nylon, or maybe that's just the way it looks on my phone. Anyway, definitely a good buy and very easy to travel with. http://www.target.com/p/swimways-spring-float-papasan-blue-cyan/-/A-16595109

I've had mine for years and don't know the name brand or where it was purchased ... but this is something similar from Amazon.com:

https://smile.amazon.com/Kelsyus-80032-Floating-Water-Hammock/dp/B000F9K7JA/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1494779993&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=pool+float+with+blow+up+edges