Aurea experience benefits

eden6776

Hi there

We are booked on MSC Poesia with the Aurea package. Id love to hear what others have thought of this package.

Can you choose any massage or is it strictly the balinese one that you get free?

I read that on the MSC website that you get some toilettries in the package, but read in forums that people got a room diffuser - what do you get?

On the MSC website it says you have anytime dining in a reserved part of the restaurant. Does that mean a certain part of the restaurants is for aurea people or you get to choose your table? Can you eat in either of the two restaurants?

Thank you to anyone who replies!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

Hi there

We are booked on MSC Poesia with the Aurea package. Id love to hear what others have thought of this package.

Can you choose any massage or is it strictly the balinese one that you get free?

On my B2B last Oct I was allowed to chose any of the massages, between myself and my wife we had a straight Balinese, A reflexology, a hot stone, and another sort.

I read that on the MSC website that you get some toilettries in the package, but read in forums that people got a room diffuser - what do you get?

Not heard of the diffuser on any ship other than Divina. This may be a USA thing

On the MSC website it says you have anytime dining in a reserved part of the restaurant. Does that mean a certain part of the restaurants is for aurea people or you get to choose your table? Can you eat in either of the two restaurants?

It is in a dedicated part of one of the restaurants and there is no choice of which one it is in.

It has been on my cruises one half of the smaller of the two MDRs.

You can specify a table size and a time. This can be for the whole cruise , and you will probably have the same table each night and the same waiting team. Or, you can be discussion with the head waiter have different times but you will get different tables and waiting teams in al probability.

Thank you to anyone who replies!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

Pete

I was in an Aurea suite on Sinfonia last August, then again in October. On the first cruise I received a small bag of travel size toiletries and a diffuser. On the same ship two months later, when I asked the steward about the toiletries he told me they'd been discontinued. I've since noticed that it's been removed from the list of benefits on the website. I did receive a room diffuser on that cruise, too.

Regarding the massage - we were given a choice within a price range - both DH and I opted for the balinese which we both were very happy with!

Anytime dining is in a dedicated restaurant on Sinfonia, unlike Poesia, so my experience will differ from yours.

You'll have access to the thermal area (sauna, steam room, relaxation room) and private sundeck as an Aurea guest, too, plus another benefit is the all-inclusive drinks package. I'm sure you'll enjoy being in an Aurea suite - I know we did!

Thanks both x by the way... what is the balinese massage??

From wikipedia:

Balinese massage is an approach to massage developed in the Indonesian province of Bali, with influence from the traditional medicine systems of India, China, and Southeast Asia.

Balinese massage techniques include acupressure, skin rolling and flicking, firm and gentle stroking, percussion, and application of essential oils. The practitioner may also apply stone massage. The combination of manual therapy and aromatherapy is intended not only to relax the patient and loosen fascial restrictions, but to stimulate the lymphatic system and the flow of blood....................

I have a chronic shoulderblade problem which the masseur discovered without me ever mentioning it and commented on it at the end of the session - it wasn't enflamed at the time so I was very surprised she noticed it. When I agreed that, yes, I did have a problem, she requested I lie back down and she gave me a hot stones taster treatment which I very much appreciated.