Introverted nurse educator

cruisenurse1

I have been single off and on for 20 years. I have finally come to the conclusion I like being alone. So recently I took a assessment at work and found out I'm an extreme introvert. I'm excited to know about the ncl studios. My kids are young adults now and I'm looking to go on a cruise in 2018 alone. Going to Alaska with my mom this year. I did not know about about solo causing without having to pay the supplement. So now I'm going to check out NCL. I could see myself traveling this way.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Forums mobile app

Go for it!! I have been single for about the same amount of time and tried my 1st solo cruise in 2012 and going for my 2nd in March. You can be as introverted or extroverted as you want.

Alaska is awesome. I have been twice via motorcycle. Someday via cruise ship.

I have been single off and on for 20 years. I have finally come to the conclusion I like being alone. So recently I took a assessment at work and found out I'm an extreme introvert. I'm excited to know about the ncl studios. My kids are young adults now and I'm looking to go on a cruise in 2018 alone. Going to Alaska with my mom this year. I did not know about about solo causing without having to pay the supplement. So now I'm going to check out NCL. I could see myself traveling this way.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Forums mobile app

Don't be fooled by the "no supplement" idea -- it's not that there's no supplement, it's that they've already included it into the basic price of the studio. If you do the math, it's already priced more than the per-person rate for sailing in an interior cabin; in some cases, it's actually cheaper to sail alone in a regular cabin and pay the supplement, so do the math before booking.

That said, don't be hesitant to cruise solo. I think it's a great way to travel solo (I do a lot of vacationing and traveling solo all over the world). You can be as alone (or not) as you want to be, when you want to be.

Go and enjoy!

Have done a number of cruises solo and love it.

There are always activities where you can meet other people plus you can just be by yourself when the mood takes you.

Have also met a number of people that I am still friends with.

At least try it once:D

You can be as introverted or extroverted as you want.

Yep agree - the whole benefit of being a solo traveller is that its your choice each day as to how introverted or extroverted you want to be.

I like to be introverted at breakfast. I will dine alone in the MDR and write my diary in my phone ap and just sit there and enjoy the quiet.

At dinner I might elect to join a table - small - maybe 3 other solos - not a huge round table. And chat with them about their day and their other travels. I also like to dine in the specialty restaurants either solo or with people I have met at previous meals.

Its all choice.

Just be aware that Studios are not the only way to go. NCL has many sailings where you don't pay single supplement for insides, ocean views and balconies. Also if you can do last minute cruises, you can pay less for guarantee balcony then for the studio.

Here is a website that shows great deals for solos. It is not a travel agency, as a matter a fact they don't sell anything. All they do is show you good deals that you would not even know about. Its called cruiseplum. Just go on the site and click on solos, it will show all the great deals that are out there. They do update it every single day at around 10-11 AM.

Just be aware that the solo studios are 100 sqft.(9x11). vs 144 sqft. for basic cabins. Opinions vary on whether one sailing alone in regular cabin can use the solo lounge.

On the ships with studio cabins the insides are appx 123 ftsq, vs 100ftsq for a studio, in other words not enough difference to matter.

On the ships with studio cabins the insides are appx 123 ftsq, vs 100ftsq for a studio, in other words not enough difference to matter.

I definitely think that's enough to matter. That extra 30 sq feet or so (depending on the ship) means a cabin 1/3 bigger. Even if it's 25%-30% bigger, that's a significant difference, IMO.

For me, not only the size but the fact that it's an interior would be deal breakers for me.