Does anyone know the current packages/pricing for internet on Zuiderdam?

jeepers13

I've read different things on the boards. Some said a couple of years ago that the unlimited plan was reasonably priced, but someone posted recently that HA has done away with the unlimited package. It's confusing.

So does anyone have recent experience on Zuiderdam who could fill me in?

Thanks

I've read different things on the boards. Some said a couple of years ago that the unlimited plan was reasonably priced, but someone posted recently that HA has done away with the unlimited package. It's confusing.

So does anyone have recent experience on Zuiderdam who could fill me in?

Thanks

From December on the Zuiderdam: $250 for 1000 minutes, $175 for 500, $100 for 250 minutes, and $55 for 100 minutes.

So no unlimited plan then?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No.

I travel with a laptop and I can write emails off-line and then just log on, paste messages into my email, send, and log off. I like the discipline of the limited number of minutes. It reminds me that I don't HAVE TO be online all the time. It helps me to disconnect.

However, we are retired and don't have any family issues that require frequent/constant monitoring. If you need to be connected all the time, you're going to have to buy the a package and then "renew" as you get to the end of your minutes.

I like the discipline of the limited number of minutes. It reminds me that I don't HAVE TO be online all the time. It helps me to disconnect.
Me too. I use Wndows Live Mail off line to write msgs and queue them up in the Outgoing box. As soon as I make a connection they start going out without even the need to copy/paste anything. I'm often on for just the one minute minimum charge, two or maybe three times a day.

Me too. I use Wndows Live Mail off line to write msgs and queue them up in the Outgoing box. As soon as I make a connection they start going out without even the need to copy/paste anything. I'm often on for just the one minute minimum charge, two or maybe three times a day.

MANY years ago, when Cunard first got internet service on QE2, nobody had or traveled with laptops. We had to use the Cunard email system (you got an address on their system for the duration of the cruise). They did not charge for offline use, so people would use Word to compose and copy the message, then log on, copy, paste, send, and log off. If you could do this under a certain time, maybe 30 seconds, it wouldn't charge you for the minute. It became a game amongst the denizens of the computer room to see how often we could beat the system.

Unfortunately, someone at Cuanrd figured out what was going on. On our next cruise when I used their email, "send" was followed by a "please wait," that somehow always managed to tick past the limit, and there was no more free email.