Earliest you ever packed?

thefog

curious how long you got your luggage ready for your cruise?

Well lets see............Winter is almost here and all of our summer clothes are already cleaned and packed for our cruise in March 2006. Why pack them away in clothes hampers and place them in the attic or cellar until next summer when you can pack then in dry cleaner bags and put them into your suitcases. So I guess 4.5 months is the answer to your question. So I am well ahead of myself for this cruise. LOL

I like the feeling of having my checked bags completely packed a couple of days in advance, even going so far as to lock them and set them downstairs, ready to go in the car. This way there's no last-minute running around and double-checking. We're left with a list of what goes in the carry-on, and we worry about getting that together. The day before we leave I like to relax and not pack at all, almost like starting vacation early, if work allows. The day we leave (we usually leave early in the morning), it's just a matter of putting everyday stuff (toothbrush, etc) into the bag, and going out the door. Ideally, we load the car the night before. For us, travel days are part of the vacation, and we try to make it the most "vacation-esque" we can.

Right now I have most of our non-clothing stuff together in the spare room, and we leave in 42 days. I'll keep it in a pile until 2-3 days before, then check it off as it gets packed.

• 2 weeks later...

We are going in February and I have started to pack. Will be packing all summer things since we are in Ohio where the cold weather is changing daily. We have had snow, rain and sun in one week! Looking forward to leaving the cold and enjoying warm sun! Is anyone out there going on our cruise?

Bonnie

Voyager 02/04/06

• 1 month later...

Let's see I returned from a cruise last Friday. Mom washed all my cruise clothes for me Saturday (thanks Mom), so by Sunday I was repacked for my cruise at the end of February. I think I'm just going to have the ship do all my laundry on that cruise since I turn around and get on another ship 5 days after that cruise ends.

No earlier than the night before and depending on flight time the day we leave. DW is usually later than I am. I do admit to getting the dive bag ready a couple of days early in case I have to run to the dive shop for a broken strap, sea drops, etc.

Our first cruise is in 3 months. I've already started making "The List" of what I'll be packing and I've started shopping for a few items. I've put in hours and hours of research. My boyfriend? Will throw a few clothes in his bag the morning of! :rolleyes:

I am a total type A who packs unpacks to make sure everything is packed ,pack it again and unpack once more , then yep you guessed it I pack again!! Do you see a pattren and heaven forbid if something has a wrinkle because then it all gets ironed again then repacked!!:D

I usually start 6 months ahead then I have a case which carries tolietries that stays packed in case I ever have to leave on short notice !

• 2 weeks later...

The night before we leave is when I start. Takes about 20 minutes. I already know what I am taking... same suit, same shoes (bought them for cruising), etc. It takes longest to go through all the camera, computer, phone stuff, etc to make sure I have all the chargers and accessories needed.....

I have a list on my computer that I start updating months before each cruise. It keeps me happy just tweeking the list and thinking about my trip.

I'll probably pack a day or two ahead of time, and have everything ready to go the night before our plane leaves.

I am a total type A who packs unpacks to make sure everything is packed ,pack it again and unpack once more , then yep you guessed it I pack again!! Do you see a pattren and heaven forbid if something has a wrinkle because then it all gets ironed again then repacked!!:D

I usually start 6 months ahead then I have a case which carries tolietries that stays packed in case I ever have to leave on short notice !

Sorry that's not a Type A, that's OCD :-)

I pack as I go and that is usually 4 - 5 months before we leave. I cruise in the Winter so my summer clothes get packed first. We have an overnight bag that is packed 365 days a year so we don't ever have to worry about leaving something behind. When we get back from a trip we replenish whats in the overnight bag. We have two everything, brushes, combs, makeup, hair dryer, curling irons, aftershave etc. Nothing is worse than getting to your end location and finding out that an essential item such as a curling iron or makeup was left behind. We even bring our pillows. Our formal wear is the only thing that is packed at the last minute and that minute is about 1440 minutes long. We have a check off list that we use for all of our trips and we usually do that about a week before we go and again the night before.

Archived