Gem Motion?

orchestrapal

What month are you going? Are you easily prone to sea sickness?

I was on deck 6 and it was pretty smooth, we went in June.

I was on deck 10 and it was rocking so much the hangers were clanging all night, we went in April.

I think you will get very random answers....The closer to NYC the ship is, the more movement the ship had.

We've been in 10 OS on Dawn (similar to Gem but different class) and it will depend how rough the seas are and your tolerance. The Dawn and Jewel class ships seem to be pretty good at handling the seas so unless you get seasick easy or you hit some rough weather, it should be good.

OP: these are really impossible questions to answer. How much "motion" you will get on any particular cruise depends on the weather and the seas, so no one can tell you that you'll be fine or not fine. That said, you are booked in the bow of the ship, where you will feel more motion than you would mid ship. You are also on a relatively high deck.

Booked an Owners suite on deck 10 and am concerned about rocking and rolling along Atlantic coast.

We have plenty of time to cancel so any experiences good or bad would be appreciated.

We have been in glasslike seas, and have also experienced 25 foot seas ( not very comfortable). Ask your local weather forecaster. I am sure that he will give you the wrong answer! Good luck!!!