Where have all the giftcards gone sheesh.....

dyson

Obviously they must have limits to each program, whether it be Verizon, AARP, Citi, etc since somebody is chipping in the 10% savings (probably some short of cost sharing) and they keep it so we all don't buy unlimited amounts. Just bought some cards from citi last night so I can get cheers on my April cruise and they limited me to $500. Luckily, my wife also has a citi card and was able to get the other $500 from hers..so I get to pay for cheers and enough for the Steakhouse once on board LOL. Already got some for some excursions along with the OHJOHN discount so in effect got some Carnival excursions for nearly 15% off.

E-gift cards are definitely the way to go and I am not sure why they're so far behind in not doing this. You're right, it'd be much easier and enjoyed I am sure if they would do e-gift cards. Buy the amount and have the code emailed to you. Cheaper on their end too I am sure.

Way back in the beginning, Verizon did offer them as e-cards. That was fabulous - bought them and they were in your inbox pretty quick. But then they did away with them, not sure why, and now its only the physical cards. :(

Obviously they must have limits to each program, whether it be Verizon, AARP, Citi, etc since somebody is chipping in the 10% savings (probably some short of cost sharing) and they keep it so we all don't buy unlimited amounts. Just bought some cards from citi last night so I can get cheers on my April cruise and they limited me to $500. Luckily, my wife also has a citi card and was able to get the other $500 from hers..so I get to pay for cheers and enough for the Steakhouse once on board LOL. Already got some for some excursions along with the OHJOHN discount so in effect got some Carnival excursions for nearly 15% off.

I was hoping I could do that too but I guess double cash and the Citi sears cards don't qualify

When u log into your amex acct, bottom of the page should have offers that u can add to your card... I added it a while ago, just used it to make a payment towards my next cruise in may

Is this good for making payments or only new bookings? The wording is kind of vague, ie, Offer valid only for reservations booked between 10/14/16 and 4/14/17 with (1) Carnival at http://www.carnival.com or via phone... That sounds like it only applies to new reservations.

Way back in the beginning, Verizon did offer them as e-cards. That was fabulous - bought them and they were in your inbox pretty quick. But then they did away with them, not sure why, and now its only the physical cards. :(

Huge security risk was why they did away with them. I forget the exacts but there was uproar about balances being gone/wrong on the e-cards.

Personally, I prefer the physical gift card. Mostly because I bring them onboard with me for my onboard account and I hate handing them a piece of paper.

I've already bought one $100 AARP card and plan to buy 1 or 2 more. I have a question however... I plan to use them for expenses I'll be putting on my S&S card like steakhouse dinners and gift shop purchases, not items I plan to purchase in advance (like excursions or Cheers).

Can I add the gift cards to my S&S card before the cruise or am I stuck going to Guest Services onboard to have them added?

I've already bought one $100 AARP card and plan to buy 1 or 2 more. I have a question however... I plan to use them for expenses I'll be putting on my S&S card like steakhouse dinners and gift shop purchases, not items I plan to purchase in advance (like excursions or Cheers).

Can I add the gift cards to my S&S card before the cruise or am I stuck going to Guest Services onboard to have them added?

You cannot add them before. You will need to do it at the Port, GS, or a self service kiosk.

Must be done onboard, but you can also use the sign & sail kiosks

You're not alone, I have the Delta Amex as well and don't see this offer. I have plenty of offers I couldn't care less about, but not CCL. :mad:

The 'branded' (Delta, American Airlines etc) Amex does not offer this.....only certain American Express branded cards. I called Amex and they explained it to me....as we have Citibank (American) and Delta Amex cards but can't get the offers...boo hoo!!:(

It's a bummer but it's very easy if you do it as you are checking in at the port. I always have them load them right then and that way they are on my card before I board!

It's a bummer but it's very easy if you do it as you are checking in at the port. I always have them load them right then and that way they are on my card before I board!

That would be awesome. Anyone done this in New Orleans? They've never said anything about our onboard account when we've checked in.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

The 'branded' (Delta, American Airlines etc) Amex does not offer this.....only certain American Express branded cards. I called Amex and they explained it to me....as we have Citibank (American) and Delta Amex cards but can't get the offers...boo hoo!!:(

I also have the Delta Platinum Amex card, and was able to add the offer to that card via the link that was posted in another thread. And as others reported when I asked, it WAS able to be used on a reservation that was made before the start date of the promo. I used it to make final payment and got the credit.

I found the link:

https://online.americanexpress.com/myca/logon/us/action/LogonHandler?request_type=LogonHandler&Face=en_US&DestPage=https%3A%2F%2Fonline.americanexpress.com%2Fmyca%2Faccountsummary%2Fus%2Faccounthome%3Frequest_type%3Dauthreg_acctAccountSummary%26Face%3Den_US%26ViewName%3DOffersDetails%26lgnsrc%3Damexoffers%26ContentSrcID%3Duuu8yPGtXSGCaDNuR%252Bd3sw%253D%253D%26v2

I also have the Delta Platinum Amex card, and was able to add the offer to that card via the link that was posted in another thread. And as others reported when I asked, it WAS able to be used on a reservation that was made before the start date of the promo. I used it to make final payment and got the credit.

I found the link:

https://online.americanexpress.com/myca/logon/us/action/LogonHandler?request_type=LogonHandler&Face=en_US&DestPage=https%3A%2F%2Fonline.americanexpress.com%2Fmyca%2Faccountsummary%2Fus%2Faccounthome%3Frequest_type%3Dauthreg_acctAccountSummary%26Face%3Den_US%26ViewName%3DOffersDetails%26lgnsrc%3Damexoffers%26ContentSrcID%3Duuu8yPGtXSGCaDNuR%252Bd3sw%253D%253D%26v2

Bummer, it did not work for me. It was not one of the options. My husband and I both have Delta Amex cards and it was not offered on either one.

Bummer, it did not work for me. It was not one of the options. My husband and I both have Delta Amex cards and it was not offered on either one.

Someone else had reported on the other thread that they may have hit their limit of offers which could be the case. All I know is that I clicked through that link and added it to My Amex Delta Platinum Skymiles card as that is the only Amex card I have. I was so happy to run across the link and that it worked! Sorry you didn't have the same luck :(

I couldn't find a place to add the discount code of OHJOHN where did you do that?

When you go to check out...scroll down and there will be a rectangle box to put in a promo code. Put in OHJOHN in all caps. The discount is 5% not 15%

I just called AARP Rewards for Good to inquire as to whether they have stopped offering Carnival gift cards. The rep said they will be getting more, that she has not heard that AARP is discontinuing offering them or anything like that. She said their offerings change daily and to just keep checking. Has anyone ever seen them discounted at Sams Club or Costco? I used to get 5% off of Disney cards with my Target Red Card but I haven't seen Carnival cards at Target.

Thanks for the Amex posts!!! I had recently signed up for a Hilton Amex card to get 2 free hotel nights, and now I have signed up for the Carnival $100 credit back offer. I have $500 of the gift cards ($50 savings) from Verizon. Final payment of $1500 on our cruise is due in March. I will pay $500 on Amex, $500 in gift cards and the remainder $500 with my Barclay Arrival card and will cash in my acrurred 2% cash back reward amount of $500. Clear as mud, huh? Basically, my $1500 final payment will only cost me $850!!! And I have 2 free hotel nights too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I found the link:

Thanks for sharing the link - it worked for me! Did you call your PVP to charge the $500 or did you call the number listed on the Amex offer?

If others are looking for this offer, it does not show up as Carnival on Amex, it says "World's Leading Cruise Lines."