Riedel Workshop

eyelovcrusin

Thinking of doing this on our cruise in March. Celebrity website talks about tastings of wines in regular glasses vs. Riedel. I understand it also includes a certificate for glasses. Anyone done this? How many and which series of glasses does one get?

That must be new. We did the Riedel glass/wine tasting a few years ago on the Solstice (I think) and we didn't get any certificate for glasses. I generally enjoy the wine tastings but I found that one kinda boring. A lot depends on the staff and that could have been why.

That must be new. We did the Riedel glass/wine tasting a few years ago on the Solstice (I think) and we didn't get any certificate for glasses. I generally enjoy the wine tastings but I found that one kinda boring. A lot depends on the staff and that could have been why.

Nope, not new at all. Been doing it for many years.

We did it a few years back and really enjoyed it. We purchased two sets of glasses. It is the Riedel Vinum Tasting Set of 4 glasses.

Mike

Nope, not new at all. Been doing it for many years.

We did it a few years back and really enjoyed it. We purchased two sets of glasses. It is the Riedel Vinum Tasting Set of 4 glasses.

Mike

Each person gets a certificate for 4 glasses. It's your choice of style, but they come in pairs. So I could choose a set of 2 Cabernet Sauvignon and a set of 2 Chardonnay if I wanted to.

We did this and really enjoyed it. We use Riedel stemware at home and was curious about this. I don't know if it was the power of suggestion but we did notice a big difference between the specific glass type and the matched wines. The sommelier was fantastic and the wine selection was very good. It is pricey but worth it if you consider the value of the glasses. When we sailed, we had the option of carrying the glasses off the ship or having them sent. Since we were on the Summit out of Bayonne and we live in NJ we got them on board. Not sure if you need to pay shipping if you have them shipped.