Taormina on your own excursion

Scooter girl 58

Hi,

Has anyone taken the Princess "Taormina on your own excursion"? I would love to do this excursion but I use a small mobility scooter. Does the trip start off from the parking garage on Corso Umberto and then you get the lift to Taormina? If this is the case I think I would be able to do this excursion. Any information or advice would be very gratefully received.

I did this excursion in July 2016 from Royal Princess. The buses parked in the Parking Garage near Porta Catania which is on Corso Umberto. We then got the lift up to a square on the garage rooftop where it was an easy walk to the Duomo and Piazza IX Aprile along Corso Umberto. Much of Corso Umberto is paved with smooth pavers (I just checked my photos:)) so I don't think you would have trouble with a mobility scooter even though I don't recall seeing any. Maybe someone has been to Taormina with a mobility scooter and may have more information for you.

I really enjoyed the time spent at Taormina even though it is never long enough. In July it was very hot and quite crowded but the town is lovely with great views of the coast. Hope this helps.

Edited by PurpleTraveller

Hi Purple traveller,

Thanks you very much for your reply. It was just the information I have been looking for. I don't see any reason that I can not look forward to a trip to Taormina. I didn't like the look of Messina too much so was really hoping it would be possible. I know there are some cobbles there but I managed Tallinn and the cobbles there will take some beating.