Oasis Main Dining Room Breakfast Menu

We were on the Oasis 1/8/17-1/15/17. I ate at WJ 5 times and every time there were 3 kinds of omelettes to chooses from. They were located at the egg station where the burgers are at lunch time. The choices were Swiss, ham and Swiss and veggies with Swiss. They were very good and fresh and they turned over frequently. I had asked about omelettes on the Oasis before my cruise and was told not at the WJ, so maybe this is new. They were popular.

No, in the MDR they did not make the omelette in front of you, but it does not matter to me. I ate 2 omelettes in MDR and you pick your ingredients and they were good.

Glad I did not go to JR, it was very close to my cabin but I had heard bad things about breakfast there.....

Three oasis and one Allure trip and yes there was an omelette on the mdr menu but not where you actually see it get made. four visits to wj in those trips and never saw a single omelette. Others at breakfast with us even says the same thing. Guess we just missed the days they choose to do them. The omelette in Johnny Rockets was horrible- ok if you like cake eggs and cheese you're good to go, otherwise we did not like JR for breakfast at all

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry to sidetrack this thread again but I am jealous of all of you that have Portillos close by. I am working in Merriville, IN in a couple of weeks and dinner at Portillos is a priority.

I also thought there was a Ruth CHris close by, but I guess not :(

We prefer the MDR for breakfast. When we went on Oasis, it was virtually empty so seating with others was not an issue.... they have a small buffet and also waiter service. It's outstanding, actually.

Also consider Johnny Rockets for breakfast. That may have been our favorite option as you can sit outside on the Boardwalk and get a nice fresh cooked breakfast (free at breakfast). Johnny Rockets was also basically empty for breakfast. Everyone piles into the WJ so consider the MDR and Johnny Rockets "tips" in a sense to avoid the crowds and have a better experience.

We usually split our breakfasts between the MDR and WJ. Both have their strong points:

MDR is best for:

- Pancakes or French Toast; in the WJ these sit under a heat lamp.

- Eggs Benedict, though to be honest their E.B. isn't anything to brag about, and it's vastly inferior to what I make at home.

- People who want to sit and talk and linger over their meal.

Windjammer is best for:

- People who want to eat early.

- People who want to get in and out quickly without a big production. WJ is unquestionably faster.

- People who aren't ready to socialize with other people early in the morning; yes, you can get a table for 2 in the MDR, but it means waiting, and you can tell they just want you to sit down and be done.

- My personal favorite cruise breakfast food: Miso Soup. It isn't available in the MDR, but my youngest daughter and I love it.

- Fruit eaters. You can pick a whole plate of exactly what you want.

- People who want a variety of food. WJ offers a wider selection and makes it easier to customize your food; for example, you can scoop out a big (or little) scoop of oatmeal from the crock pot and then choose your own toppings.

Neither place is particularly good for getting HOT food or eggs cooked just as you want them ... unless you do the walk-up-and-watch-them-cook-it eggs.

• 3 months later...
We were on the Oasis 1/8/17-1/15/17. I ate at WJ 5 times and every time there were 3 kinds of omelettes to chooses from. They were located at the egg station where the burgers are at lunch time. The choices were Swiss, ham and Swiss and veggies with Swiss. They were very good and fresh and they turned over frequently. I had asked about omelettes on the Oasis before my cruise and was told not at the WJ, so maybe this is new. They were popular.

No, in the MDR they did not make the omelette in front of you, but it does not matter to me. I ate 2 omelettes in MDR and you pick your ingredients and they were good.

Glad I did not go to JR, it was very close to my cabin but I had heard bad things about breakfast there.....

I think, ?, that the question about omelettes was talking about the ones they make in front of you? Not 100% on that. But I thought I had read somewhere that they have made to order sometimes in WJ on Oasis. Could be wrong.

Also, I like swiss but not in omelettes and I love the idea of just getting what you want in it. So I think I will go more often to MDR. On Explorer we only did this once, I think. And I was kicking myself for not doing it more often. ANd we had no idea that you could get a table for your own party. It wasn't busy in there so we prob wouldn't have waited long. But Oasis could be different. I'm glad you liked it. :)

We prefer the MDR for breakfast. When we went on Oasis, it was virtually empty so seating with others was not an issue.... they have a small buffet and also waiter service. It's outstanding, actually.

Also consider Johnny Rockets for breakfast. That may have been our favorite option as you can sit outside on the Boardwalk and get a nice fresh cooked breakfast (free at breakfast). Johnny Rockets was also basically empty for breakfast. Everyone piles into the WJ so consider the MDR and Johnny Rockets "tips" in a sense to avoid the crowds and have a better experience.

I think I am an MDR person also but my son wants mass amounts of food, haha, and he LOVES french toast! Does anyone have any comparison in the FT for JR and the MDR?

How's the bacon on Oasis (serious question)? Was on Norweigan Getaway summer of 2014 and again on summer of 2015. Their bacon sucked (never thought I'd ever use "bacon" and "sucked" in same sentence).

No problem with the pork bacon on Oasis from Johnny Rockets, MDR, and Wipeout Cafe.

How's the bacon on Oasis (serious question)? Was on Norweigan Getaway summer of 2014 and again on summer of 2015. Their bacon sucked (never thought I'd ever use "bacon" and "sucked" in same sentence).

Only problem I ever had with the bacon on Oasis was our first cruise in her and we were in the MDR, we ordered off the menu and I asked for a side of bacon (you know a couple of pieces) the guy brought me a plate loaded with bacon - must have been a full pound there [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] the table next to me just started laughing (I'm 5'5" and 135 pounds)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums