Flight Question

4belle2cruise

I just found out that my flight on Alaska Airlines to Vancouver for my June cruise was changed to now include ONLY a 47 minute layover in SEA. We are flying into SEA from Southern California and then have the connecting flight to YVR. Is this enough time to make my connection? I am currently locked out of my reservation with Alaska Airlines until I call them (they also changed my flight coming home.) I just want as much information as I can get before I call them.

Just some extra info...We are flying on a Tuesday morning; there will be 2 adults and 2 teenagers; we check our bags. Our cruise does not leave until Friday so I do not have to get into Vancouver early, but we are staying in Whistler pre-cruise, so I do want to get on the road asap.

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

For some 47 minutes is too short, for others its fine. Usually 45 minutes is the minimum scheduling layover. How many more flights later that day SEA to YVR? If lots, just call and see if they can shift you or keep a list of the other flights in case you have any delays getting to Seattle.

I assume your passport will be checked in CA, and your luggage checked thru to YVR.

If this is the case you'll stay within the secured area of Seatac and 45 minutes is enough time to move from one gate to the other.

Alaska uses gates C , D and North Satellite, all in close proximity as seen in this map:.

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Maps-and-Directions/Pages/Terminal-Overview.aspx

I assume your passport will be checked in CA, and your luggage checked thru to YVR.

If this is the case you'll stay within the secured area of Seatac and 45 minutes is enough time to move from one gate to the other.

Alaska uses gates C , D and North Satellite, all in close proximity as seen in this map:.

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Maps-and-Directions/Pages/Terminal-Overview.aspx[/QUOT

We have never flown international before, so I wasn't sure what the process would be. We have been to Canada many times, but we normally fly into a nearby US city and drive in. If I can make the connection I will, even if it means running to the next gate ;) The next flight that day is 3 hours later, so I really want to avoid that if possible.

Thank you.

Should be OK for able bodied people, A bit tight with any mobility issues. Hopefully both on same concourse or the North Satellite. Alaska has been pretty consistent about starting boarding 30 minutes prior to flight time so it will probably already be in the boarding process. They also track incoming connections so will know when people have arrived and hold a flight for them.

One thought... since it is so short a hop is the actual carrier Horizon? Then very likely on "outside" boarding to a smaller turbo-prop. The type of plane on the reservation would be a clue to that. I which case I think all those leave from around C12.

I believe that they will do all of the necessary pre-checks prior to your first flight & all of the post checks after your last flight - so the transfer from one to the other should not be an issue...

There will be a passport check at the gate. Only "check" done.

Thank you for all the replies. I have looked at my options and there is one other later flight that would arrive in the afternoon, but that would make the layover almost 4 hours. Other options would be to leave the originating airport later, but arrive early evening. The plane to YVR is a 737 so we would load from inside the terminal. I think I am going to keep the flight and keep my fingers crossed. I am going to move my seats closer to the exit though. Those few minutes I save getting off quicker may make a difference. :)

Thank again!