Comfort Inn........NEVER AGAIN!!!!

SLCBoys

Just thought I'd share a hotel tip....if you are staying in Ft. Lauderdale, pre or post cruise....DO NOT book a room at the Comfort Inn (Airport/Cruise Port South). Had a very large group, 14 cabins booked with family. We all arrived the night before ship departs. The pictures on the net were average for the price we paid, the motel however, was far below average. I travel quite a bit for work as do others in my family, none of us have EVER stayed in such filth. Carpets not vacuumed, tubs dirty, toilets dirty, only 3 towels in each room, couldn't get more etc. Shuttle service picking up at the airport was over an hour late, kept calling to hear "they are on their way".

We considered leaving but nobody else had rooms at midnight when we arrived so we were stuck. Upon checkout, every person at the front desk was on the phone while checking everyone out, they did not want to listen to the complaints. I overheard a manager telling another guest he is satisified with the housekeeping staff and would not discount their rate. I guess housekeeping doesn't pay attention to cock roaches in the continental breakfast room either...as soon as I walked in there I saw one and left immediately.

I did complain to corporate, never heard a response back nor did my TA who called while on ship to complain to management. Needless to say, we stayed at the Wyndham post cruise and of course it exceeded expectations as usual and for only $30 more a night than the Comfort Inn.

I WOULD contact Choice Hotels Int. and let them know about this... They (Choice) have certain standards that the hotels have to maintain to keep their "colors" (I think that's what it's called... :o)... Also check to see if the hotel has a satisfaction guarantee, as that's one possibility... Also if you paid via credit card you could also dispute the charges due to them not fufilling their contract (uncleanliness and such)... But thanks for the tip, as I was just looking at choice hotels, in the Miami area for our Freedom sailing, and now I know not to book this one...:)

I've noticed in those motels/hotels near cruise ports that are popular due to cheaper price tend to let things go knowing they are going to get bookings anyway. It's not a good thing and thanks for giving us the heads up here.

We are booked there in a couple of weeks, mostly because of the shuttle service. Our flight arrives just after midnight and I'll be in no mood to wait an hour for a shuttle. Perhaps it's time to rethink using hotwire or priceline for a three or four star hotel.

It has to do with CRUISING!! Maybe he posted it on all the cruiseline boards. What does your snide comment have to do with anything, Yogimax? Totally uncalled for and serving no purpose.

I am sorry you felt the necessity to respond with a personal insult. I will not respond in kind, but will answer your question... by posting on the Royal Caribbean board, the implication is that RCCL was somehow responsible for the shabby treatment by Comfort Inn. Clearly, this was not the case and it is patently unfair to link RCCL with the hotel. This post belongs on the "Hotel" board, not the Royal Caribbean board. Have a nice day!

We hope this is not the Comfort Inn on Sterling. We have stayed at this Comfort Inn on several pre cruise stays. We have read recently to our dismay that the quality of the Stirling Comfort Inn has declined. In the past it has been a nice place to stay. Their shuttle service was outstanding and they served a good continental breakfast. Will be looking forward to hearing future comments.:confused:

Yes, it's the Comfort Inn on Stirling Road... It's reviews are quite BAD. IMO it's not a nice place to stay. There are far far better places to stay, in a much better location, at similar prices.

Read these Trip Advisor reviews... http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34296-d84582-Reviews-Comfort_Inn_Airport_Cruise_Port_South-Hollywood_Florida.html

We stayed at a Comfort Inn near the Miami airport. It was clean and well run. We got a great rate for over 60 senior rate. Also in San Francisco by the airport. We were quite pleased with Comfort Inn so I thought they had high standards. I guess you have to be careful which one you choose.

Mared1, I stayed at the Comfort Inn on Stirling Road a while back, had a pleasant experience, but lately all the reviews have been so negative, I don't blame you for cancelling it. If you want to stay downtown Ft. Lauderdale, the Amerisuites have a good deal at this web site: http://www.valuetrips.com you have to book it through this web site to get the good deal, if you call their reservation number, you will pay $155 and I believe they have shuttles as well.

I was unable to take advantage of this great deal through valuetrips due to my date is one of the black out dates, but did get a good deal through Amerisuites in Plantation, Florida, so we're happy.

Hope this information helps, good luck.

I am always wary of mixed reviews on TripAdvisor, because in many cases hotels will post bogus glowing reviews in the style of the Manchurian Candidate to drive their numbers up.

The Atlantic Beach Hotel in San Juan is one hotel I've looked at recently where all the reviews are either "1 star, a filthy dump" or "5 stars this is the most wonderful hotel, good staff, smoothly-running elevators, and fine dinings available I would spend my life here if I could" and it's obvious which category includes the fakes.

Archived