Deck 12 vs Deck 8 on the Epic

jancl57

We recently booked a balcony stateroom on deck 12 (12132) on The Epic for the February 3, 2018 sailing to the Wester Caribbean. I have been reading quite a lot about the odd bathroom configuration on the Epic Balcony rooms. On Deck 8, the beds are closer to the balcony door whereas on Deck 12 they are closer to the entrance, so also closer to the toilet. If you could choose between Deck 8 and Deck 12 (same price), which would you choose?

Thanks!

We recently booked a balcony stateroom on deck 12 (12132) on The Epic for the February 3, 2018 sailing to the Wester Caribbean. I have been reading quite a lot about the odd bathroom configuration on the Epic Balcony rooms. On Deck 8, the beds are closer to the balcony door whereas on Deck 12 they are closer to the entrance, so also closer to the toilet. If you could choose between Deck 8 and Deck 12 (same price), which would you choose?

Hi there! I think a cabin on Deck 12 will be much better because that floor is sandwich between decks with only cabins on Deck 11 and 13. The cabins on Deck 8 will be above possible noisy common areas on Deck 7.

Also as far as room layout is concerned, I think that every other room has the sofa near the door, if you look at the deck plans, you will see the wave wall has a deeper divot either close to door or balcony - I believe that deeper divot means that's where the bed is versus the sofa? Someone correct me if I am wrong?

No deck 8 and deck 12 have the same bed configuration. It’s an alternating configuration every other room has the bed by the balcony. Look at the wave wall in each cabin, where the cabin is the widest is where the bed will be located.

I would always choose deck 12 over deck 8. On deck 8 many of the balconies are uncovered and the look directly over the lifeboats. Also deck 12 has passenger cabins above and below which is usually quieter.

Look at this picture I took from our balcony on deck 10. You can see how the lifeboats are in relation to deck 8.

2a8nb84.jpg

Thanks!

Hi, cabin 12132 has bed closer to balcony.

I would suggest you stay with 12132 as it's better than deck 8 as you look out to the top of lifeboats from deck 8 balconies.

No deck 8 and deck 12 have the same bed configuration. It’s an alternating configuration every other room has the bed by the balcony. Look at the wave wall in each cabin, where the cabin is the widest is where the bed will be located.

I would always choose deck 12 over deck 8. On deck 8 many of the balconies are uncovered and the look directly over the lifeboats. Also deck 12 has passenger cabins above and below which is usually quieter.

Look at this picture I took from our balcony on deck 10. You can see how the lifeboats are in relation to deck 8.

2a8nb84.jpg

Yikes! No way do I want to look out to life boats. Can't understand why they can't configure those boats to be tucked inside the ship at a lower level.