On the Eclipse and LOVING it!!!!!

chamima

We are booked on the Celebrity Eclipse, departing Southhampton on May21 at 4PM. Our flight from Boston arrives at Heathrow at 7:05 AM. Can any past travelers tell me if we have allowed ourselves enough time to get to the ship?

Thanks.

Elaine

Last May, we arrived a day earlier and stayed at Central London. Going to Southampton on embarkation day, our bus from Victoria Station left at 11am. It passed Heathrow airport after 30 minutes of travel and we arrived at the cruise port at 1pm, with a little traffic on the highway. We still had time to spare for the embarkation process.

So based on our experience, and if your flight arrives on time at 7:05am, you have plenty of time to go to the cruiseport. Heathrow is nearer to Southamptom than Central London where our bus came from.

Karen,

Where are the craft beer selections offered?

Do they have the small plate's like at the GastroBar on the Equinox?

EW

I took some pictures of the Eclipse GastroBar menu from a few weeks ago and will post them here in case Karen did not take any. We did not eat there but talked about it - it was open at times that never seemed to work for us (for those unfamiliar, the PassPort Bar usually becomes the GastroBar 5-7 on port days and 3-7 on sea days - at least on our cruise this was true). Sorry that I cut off the beer menu pictures, but you can get an idea of the ones offered in the third picture and the prices on the fourth picture, as well as the wine, cocktails and food menus. Hope to try it another time!

gastr4_zpsys6ghvhz.jpg

gast3_zpsglygghbj.jpg

gastr2_zpsjphg4xtr.jpg

gast1_zpscqox5lnz.jpg

Thanks!

We are going on the Equinox for the 3rd time, and it has the stand alone GastroBar where Cellar Masters was. It has replaced the Sunset Bar as our go-to place to meet n greet. It is a wonderful venue.

On all the other S-class it seems to be hap hazard as to where they have it.

Thanks!

We are going on the Equinox for the 3rd time, and it has the stand alone GastroBar where Cellar Masters was. It has replaced the Sunset Bar as our go-to place to meet n greet. It is a wonderful venue.

On all the other S-class it seems to be hap hazard as to where they have it.

That sounds great! I don't think it was that well-utilized on the Eclipse, but I might have not gone by it at the right times.

We were supposed to cruise on the Equinox in September, but the cruise was cancelled - we rebooked on the Reflection. We were looking forward to trying the GastroBar (one of the people were are sailing with is a Brit and he might have enjoyed it too). Hope to cruise on the Equinox some day.

Hi, good to hear that you are having a great time, My wife and I are on the S. Caribbean cruise leaving on 2nd April. We have been on Eclipse once before in Aqua class and we lived Blu and never used the MDR. BUT, is it true that you can't have breakfast there now?

Hi, good to hear that you are having a great time, My wife and I are on the S. Caribbean cruise leaving on 2nd April. We have been on Eclipse once before in Aqua class and we lived Blu and never used the MDR. BUT, is it true that you can't have breakfast there now?

I don't know where you heard that.

It's not true - they are open every day for breakfast FOR AQUA CLASS PASSENGERS.

I suspect it was a non Aqua class passenger that tried to have breakfast in there.

Possibly the best thing about Blu is Breakfast!

They had better NEVER stop!

Hi and thank you for the response. The reason that I asked is because Cruise Critic, in their current review of Eclipse, says that Blu is only open in the evening for dinner. It says that the new restaurant (forgot the name) does breakfasts.

We loved brekkie in Blu every morning where you could watch the waves roll past, and would have been really disappointed if it had gone!

Just found out today that, in addition to the Classic drinks, we also have free wi-if for the cruise, which is a bonus.