On the Eclipse and LOVING it!!!!!

chamima

chamima,

I know this is a silly question, but we'll be on the Eclipse in about 3 weeks and my son is asking about what can be hooked up through the TV in the cabins. I know that there use to be a way to connect devices, so I told him that I would ask. If anyone else can help too it would appreciated. I think he's looking for HDMI or other hook ups.

Thank for your review. You are making us even more excited. I was hoping someone would post after reading WonderMan3, who just got off the Eclipse and YOU DID. Enjoy!!!!

Thank you again.

Take a look at this thread regarding tv hookups on the Equinox recently.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2455116

A diffusor is like an air freshener. It is smelly oils in a flask type glass with little sticks in it. I find the smell offensive- like a bathroom spray or car freshener and always ask them to remove itl Love the Eclipse will be on here next January for two weeks.

We'll be back Jan.21 for 2 weeks as well. The food on this cruise was a major disappointment to us. The food on our first 2 trips was generally outstanding. There WERE a lot of complaints, so many in fact, that Bogdan(the Maître D) made the chefs come out & answer to the complaints. The food was by no means terrible, but was easily the least appetizing in our 10 cruises. We're both "foodies" & in the food industry. I don't expect gourmet, except, perhaps in Murano/Tuscan. The food did start getting better after the chefs answered to the complaints. I don't feel the quality was a "cutback" but really just not a very good ex. chef. Next year will tell. We've read complaints about the "sidewalk" sales etc. But I've always seen them. They help generate revenue, which helps keep fares fairly low. Entertainment was again an issue with some posters. I did like the shows for the most part. Rondell Sheridan, just absolutely kept us in stiches. The tenors & Peter Mathew were great as well. Topper was entertaining, but obviously not a broadway show. Topper singers I thought were quite good. I kind of wish pax would understand we're on a cruise & not seeing the "Met".

We'll be back Jan.21 for 2 weeks as well. The food on this cruise was a major disappointment to us. The food on our first 2 trips was generally outstanding. There WERE a lot of complaints, so many in fact, that Bogdan(the Maître D) made the chefs come out & answer to the complaints. The food was by no means terrible, but was easily the least appetizing in our 10 cruises. We're both "foodies" & in the food industry. I don't expect gourmet, except, perhaps in Murano/Tuscan. The food did start getting better after the chefs answered to the complaints. I don't feel the quality was a "cutback" but really just not a very good ex. chef. Next year will tell. We've read complaints about the "sidewalk" sales etc. But I've always seen them. They help generate revenue, which helps keep fares fairly low. Entertainment was again an issue with some posters. I did like the shows for the most part. Rondell Sheridan, just absolutely kept us in stiches. The tenors & Peter Mathew were great as well. Topper was entertaining, but obviously not a broadway show. Topper singers I thought were quite good. I kind of wish pax would understand we're on a cruise & not seeing the "Met".

We are in a suite so we will not dine in the MDR. We will be dining in Luminae and the specialty restaurants. Hope the food is better in luminae. We enjoyed Luminae on the reflection and Summit.

What's a diffusor? I'm currently in Aqua on the Eclipse and might be able to answer if I understood the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have read some of the other replies to your question about what is a diffusor . . . not what I am talking about. It is electrical and holds a small amount of water, almost like a small humidifer. You put essential oils in it and then it is diffused into the air. We use one at home all the time for health reasons. At one time, diffusors were in the Aqua cabins.

Would it be possible to ask your cabin steward if they still have them on the Eclipse? Appreciate your reply to my question. Thank you for your help. Know you are enjoying your cruise!:cool:

I have read some of the other replies to your question about what is a diffusor . . . not what I am talking about. It is electrical and holds a small amount of water, almost like a small humidifer. You put essential oils in it and then it is diffused into the air. We use one at home all the time for health reasons. At one time, diffusors were in the Aqua cabins.

Would it be possible to ask your cabin steward if they still have them on the Eclipse? Appreciate your reply to my question. Thank you for your help. Know you are enjoying your cruise!:cool:

They have a small bottle with two bamboo sticks in it to diffuse. It's not electrical.

We like the smell but some don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have one in our cabin in Aqua.

Makes sense to me now that Celebrity would use that kind of diffusor. It would be expensive to have an electrical one like I am talking about in every Aqua class cabin. This is our first time in Aqua class so was not sure what type of diffusor Celebrity was talking about.

Thank you so much for your help, Karen!!! Appreciate you! Enjoy the rest of your trip.

We are in a suite so we will not dine in the MDR. We will be dining in Luminae and the specialty restaurants. Hope the food is better in luminae. We enjoyed Luminae on the reflection and Summit.

Overall not heard complaints about Luminae. I did check the menu most times & while it looked much better than the MDR(Eclipse)it's still a far cry from the menu & what we experienced in the QM2 Queens Grill. There you had a very extensive additional a la Carte menu, as well as the ability to really go "off" menu if you wished.

Overall not heard complaints about Luminae. I did check the menu most times & while it looked much better than the MDR(Eclipse)it's still a far cry from the menu & what we experienced in the QM2 Queens Grill. There you had a very extensive additional a la Carte menu, as well as the ability to really go "off" menu if you wished.

Thanks for the information.

I wish people would not review and make assumptions about a restaurant that they have never actually dined in.

In Luminae you have access to both the Luminae menu as well as the entire MDR menu. They are flexible with making changes such as changing appetizers to full entree portions or vice versa, modifying a dish to your specifications (removing a side, adding a different side, I asked to have chicken added to a pasta dish one night even though chicken was not on that night's menu, etc.) I know that one night my husband was struggling with the menu choices (he's very picky) and didn't want the MDR selections so the chef did whip up a lovely meat dish even though that meat was not on the menu. So they will do everything they can to satisfy guests although would prefer to stay within the bounds of the evening's menu. As I stated, that happened to us once in a 14 night cruise and only with my husband. Our other companions and I never had a problem finding something to choose from over 14 nights and save for one dish that I ordered as a side, I was satisfied every time.

I wish people would not review and make assumptions about a restaurant that they have never actually dined in.

In Luminae you have access to both the Luminae menu as well as the entire MDR menu. They are flexible with making changes such as changing appetizers to full entree portions or vice versa, modifying a dish to your specifications (removing a side, adding a different side, I asked to have chicken added to a pasta dish one night even though chicken was not on that night's menu, etc.) I know that one night my husband was struggling with the menu choices (he's very picky) and didn't want the MDR selections so the chef did whip up a lovely meat dish even though that meat was not on the menu. So they will do everything they can to satisfy guests although would prefer to stay within the bounds of the evening's menu. As I stated, that happened to us once in a 14 night cruise and only with my husband. Our other companions and I never had a problem finding something to choose from over 14 nights and save for one dish that I ordered as a side, I was satisfied every time.

Have YOU ever dined in Queens Grill? Off menu dining is encouraged. Caviar is a standard in the Q-Grill. I don't see it in Luminae. You also have the MDR(Britannia) menu as well as a separate A la Carte menu In addition to daily specials. We checked Luminae daily & though menu choices seemed far better than the MDR. I found it lacking compared to Cunard. Try the Queens Grill & then let me know. Pricewise the Suites on both ships are comparable.

Have YOU ever dined in Queens Grill? Off menu dining is encouraged. Caviar is a standard in the Q-Grill. I don't see it in Luminae. You also have the MDR(Britannia) menu as well as a separate A la Carte menu In addition to daily specials. We checked Luminae daily & though menu choices seemed far better than the MDR. I found it lacking compared to Cunard. Try the Queens Grill & then let me know. Pricewise the Suites on both ships are comparable.

No. I have zero interest in Cunard. And since I have never cruised those ships I wouldn't give opinions about their restaurants. Until someone has experienced the comparable restaurants on both cruise lines I don't think they can give anything more than a surface level opinion of them in comparison. If I am perfectly satisfied by the menu choices presented then I would have no need to go "off-menu". And there was at least one "chef's bonus" item that was served in Luminae that included caviar. There was maybe one person in my party of 7 that had a more than passing like for caviar so we certainly weren't missing it.

We are currently on the Eclipse for the next three weeks (B2B) and it's absolutely wonderful.

I had read of all the cutbacks and was seriously nervous about the month we were about to spend on her but I have to tell you that everything is fabulous.

We are in Aqua and the service and food in BLU is out of this world. Our wonderful waiter, Gamma, has said that the Maitre D, Fathi, is supportive and wonderful to work with/for and that's why the service is so great. I just know that I see all of the service staff supporting each other and having the time to talk to all of the passengers and that no one seems rushed or under pressure. The food is also great. Not sure if there's a new menu (there might be since we're here a week now and I've only seen tuna - one of my favorites - once. ) But everything we've had (disclaimer - I only eat fish and my husband is a vegan) has been delicious.

I've read of complaints about the bar service but we've had wonderful , smiling service around the pools and at the bars.

I also have to laud Eddie the CD. I had read he was trying movies at the pool at night but that they were only at 8:00. We are late diners and I requested that he try a later movie and last night the movie was offered at 8 and 10. I absolutely LOVED laying under the Caribbean stars watching a movie. I'm really impressed that Eddie listened to an (anonymous) passenger and made a change! That really encompasses how I feel about ALL of the service on board.

So anyone who is apprehensive about your future cruise on the Eclipse - don't be! You are in for a wonderful 2 weeks!!!! :D

I wish I was still there:champagne-toast:

Just disembarked the Eclipse this morning after spending 28 days there. Had a wonderful cruise and hate to leave even though it's time [emoji15][emoji15]. Can't wait until next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are booked on the Celebrity Eclipse, departing Southhampton on May21 at 4PM. Our flight from Boston arrives at Heathrow at 7:05 AM. Can any past travelers tell me if we have allowed ourselves enough time to get to the ship?

Thanks.

Elaine

We are booked on the Celebrity Eclipse, departing Southhampton on May21 at 4PM. Our flight from Boston arrives at Heathrow at 7:05 AM. Can any past travelers tell me if we have allowed ourselves enough time to get to the ship?

Thanks.

Elaine

It's been a couple of years since I flew into LHR to sail out of Southampton, but you should be just fine. Of course it's always safer to arrive the day before just in case, but in the very vast majority of cases you'll be just fine flying in early the morning of the cruise.

Thanks.

Elaine

Assuming your flight is more or less on time you've got plenty of time to get to Southampton. Heathrow to Southampton is approximately 60 miles so shouldn't take you more than an hour and a half.

Very envious of your Eclipse cruise, we sailed on her 2 years ago - our favourite ship. Have fun. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums