Freedom 2/4/17 8-Night Review

We just got off Freedom this morning and will be posting menus and cruise compasses over the next week or so. If you have questions, I'll do my best to answer. We didn't do any specialty dining except for a wine pairing dinner at Vintages; however, I do have some pictures of the other menus.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a fabulous time on this cruise. A couple quick things to share. First, the theater cast is relatively new and did 2 of the 3 shows on this sailing. We got to see their debut performance of "Once Upon A Time" which they had rehearsed all week. The mystery dinner theater was not available but should be in a couple weeks. Check for reservations in the specialty dining. If it is available for advance reservations, it will be on your sailing.

Considering that RCI brings a bunch of money to local community, that they can have their own shops on the resort etc, I see no reason for them to protest. Majority of work force on the resort are locals. RCI also helped bring a bunch of supplies after the earthquake in Haiti. I think that just FotS brought about 40 pallets of help to the island. And not to mention money RCI invested in building up that place.

We just got off Freedom this morning and will be posting menus and cruise compasses over the next week or so. If you have questions, I'll do my best to answer. We didn't do any specialty dining except for a wine pairing dinner at Vintages; however, I do have some pictures of the other menus.

Awesome - we'll be on the next one leaving Saturday. We can't wait!! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cruise itinerary was the 8-night with stops at Labadee, San Juan, St. Maarten and St. Kitts. We went to Labadee on Monday, February 6th. It was my least favorite port as we had to walk the gauntlet of vendors selling arts, crafts, clothing etc. on the way to meet up with the rest of our group. I wish we had taken the tram instead of walking. We walked back to the ship on the "strenuous" path on the island map (I'll post that later) to avoid the vendors. I'm more of a browser than a shopper and do not like high pressure sales tactics.

I don't know who the hotel director was but may have that in the pile of paperwork I brought home. The temporary cruise director, Enzo, was very engaging including putting up with the crazy comment cards from a guest in my party. [emoji39]

The cruise itinerary was the 8-night with stops at Labadee, San Juan, St. Maarten and St. Kitts. We went to Labadee on Monday, February 6th. It was my least favorite port as we had to walk the gauntlet of vendors selling arts, crafts, clothing etc. on the way to meet up with the rest of our group. I wish we had taken the tram instead of walking. We walked back to the ship on the "strenuous" path on the island map (I'll post that later) to avoid the vendors. I'm more of a browser than a shopper and do not like high pressure sales tactics.

I don't know who the hotel director was but may have that in the pile of paperwork I brought home. The temporary cruise director, Enzo, was very engaging including putting up with the crazy comment cards from a guest in my party. [emoji39]

I am on the next 8 nighter :) Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

I think you had a substitute CD because all of the regular CD's were in Vegas at a conference :p

Meals in the dining room were good and service was excellent. There were a few menu items that could have been better. Since taste is so subjective, you should try anything you think you might enjoy and judge for yourself. If you don't like what you have, try something else. There were a couple nights that I ordered 5 starters and no main course. The soups are quite delicious and different from what I have at home.

I only have the regular compasses delivered to our cabin. After work today, I hope to scan or photograph those to post. My laptop is having problems booting up so I am doing this review on my iPhone which has photos from the trip. Unfortunately, I do not have any information on activities for teens.

Quick tip - Junior suite guests (and other suite guests?) can request bathrobes. The robes were not in our cabin and we didn't pursue asking about them until the end of the cruise.

That's it for now as I need to get to work to pay off this cruise and make money for the next one! I'll post more in about 11 hours. [emoji15]