Help me decide on Elation cruise choices...

momof4girls

I can't decide between an ocean view room in the beginning of August, or a suite in the beginning of November. We are taking this cruise with our two younger girls (will be 12 and 13 at time of cruise). I know that the ocean view room might seem "cramped" with all four of us, but I wouldn't expect we'd be spending much time in there during the August cruise time (being so hot they will want to swim the whole time). I'm thinking that in November the weather isn't as warm so they may not be out of the room as much? I can also switch to an ocean view in November to save more money.

This cruise is about Half Moon Cay, not the ship. Is HMC still nice in November? Or is it better to cruise in the beginning of August? My girls are all about the beach so that's all they care about when it comes to cruising.

Thank you for your help!

I can't decide between an ocean view room in the beginning of August, or a suite in the beginning of November. We are taking this cruise with our two younger girls (will be 12 and 13 at time of cruise). I know that the ocean view room might seem "cramped" with all four of us, but I wouldn't expect we'd be spending much time in there during the August cruise time (being so hot they will want to swim the whole time). I'm thinking that in November the weather isn't as warm so they may not be out of the room as much? I can also switch to an ocean view in November to save more money.

This cruise is about Half Moon Cay, not the ship. Is HMC still nice in November? Or is it better to cruise in the beginning of August? My girls are all about the beach so that's all they care about when it comes to cruising.

Thank you for your help!

Weather at Half Moon Cay is going to be similar to the weather in Miami. If your girls are all about the beach, then I would recommend the August cruise. However, be advised, August is the middle of hurricane season and November is the end of hurricane season. Not that the weather can read a calendar.

What I did when my kids were that age and teens, I would have an Oceanview room and they would have an inside room right across from me, this way worked out perfectly, more room in having both staterooms plus two bathrooms, works perfectly.

November is beautiful weather.

I chose Oct. (Fall Break) over a summer cruise bc of price & its after dry dock. I called to ensure we got 4 in an OV room. I priced the JR. Suites on the vernanda deck. It was $600 more & the booking agent had trouble trying to add 4 to it. It was my understanding, after my conversation with her that 2 can sleep on the couch. Or a trundle will be provided.

I asked as recently as yesterday about the additions that will be after dry dock. Nobody can give me a clear answer bc it hasn't been updated to booking agents. (I called the 800 # on the web site) My hope is it gets Water Works, Guy's burger place, the Blue Iguana. I've been googling the dry dock,& no answers.

The ocean view room was one bunk and one trundle. This was actually for a cruise in 2018 so it would be well after the dry dock.

My other options could be going with a completely different ship (Conquest or Sunshine), but they definitely cost more.

I think my girls would find the weather warm in November. I'm just not sure how warm the water is during that time.

I just read on a very recent thread here on CC that Elation will no longer be going to HMC after late April. I haven't independently confirmed this, but thought I'd mention it as something that you might look into further since HMC is important to you.

I just read on a very recent thread here on CC that Elation will no longer be going to HMC after late April. I haven't independently confirmed this, but thought I'd mention it as something that you might look into further since HMC is important to you.

I thought I had read that it won't be hitting all three ports anymore on one cruise (Freeport, Nassau, HMC). Pretty sure I also read something about John Heald saying that HMC would continue to be a stop. You can still book cruises that stop at HMC.