Just off Regal 2-12

CintiCruzer

Just getting situated after our Fantastic week on the Regal... All I can say is WOW!!! this was our 5th cruise vacation with Princess and Regal lived up to its name... Princess has seemed to raise their game since we were on the Emerald three years ago...

what was most impressive was the disembarkation process... we had to be out of our room by 8am (not a big issue for us) then had breakfast in the Horizon Court... the same menu was available as always, but a lot less crowded!!!

After breakfast we gathered the Dining room to wait for for our section to be called.. to our surprise, they called us 45 minutes ahead of schedule... went to the baggage claim area - NO CROWD... found our bags in just a couple minutes, then went to customs... waited for two people in front of us... not even 5 minutes!!! walked right out and no lines anywhere!!! walked right to a cab and we were on our way!!

Service on the trip was Outstanding!!!

The Meals: We chose Anytime dining, just because we like to eat later than most people ( 8 to 8:30) the first day I went tot the head waiter Francisco in Symphony on the starboard side... he set us a standing reservation every night at the same table (#83) with Rodrigo the waiter and David his assistant... these guys were OUTSTANDING... great conversations and was always telling us his recommendations - he did not disappoint.

more to follow later

We were also on the Regal and disembarked yesterday. All in all, it was a very good cruise. The service was, for the most part, outstanding. We found the food to be improved over what we had a experienced on Princess a couple of years ago. The entertainment was fun. Main areas weren't too crowded except for the Princess Theater during shows. It could be hard to get a seat. You need to be quite early.

Embarkation and debarkation were just fine.

The only complaint we had was the service in the Symphony dining room. We had a group of 10 and being seated was very difficult for anytime dining. So, we tried to get a standing reservation each night. We had trouble getting that, but they finally gave it to us at 5:45pm. That wasn't optimal, but it was either that or 7:45 pm. Food service was slow and the assistant waiter didn't like one of the people in our party, so frequently would not serve him and even took his food back to the kitchen a couple of times. I found this shocking, as I had never seen this before.

Overall, it was a really fun cruise. I would recommend it to others.

Ohiodoglover

"Food service was slow and the assistant waiter didn't like one of the people in our party, so frequently would not serve him and even took his food back to the kitchen a couple of times. I found this shocking, as I had never seen this before."

So what did your group do to get this waiter "FIRED" as should happen?

I am assuming that this happened only on night?

My wife and I were on this same cruise and we had an excellent time. We did eight Princess cruises and took a three year break from them to do four cruises on NCL. Each one with NCL went downhill to the point were when we got off the Breakaway last October my wife said let's go back to Princess and I booked the Regal for 2/5-2/12. I commend them for keeping everything that was good on the previous class intact and making to new features even better. The level of service matched this great ship. I don't think we are going to stray from Princess again.