Rebook oasis east- to allure west

jpolm

We needed to move our cruise up (summer cruise) to beginning of July we had booked oasis end of July for 2 interiors next to each other as we have 5 of us tried for HOS but just could not swallow (gulp) a 2k plus price jump for rooms on deck 3 . we are able to move to the Allure - western with a balcony and interior across the hall. Deck 7. Same gratuities included, Additional 50 obc and spa treatment. Not sure if it's worth the additional price but we are getting a nicer room.and the week we want. But how is the Western itinerary? . Haven't been to Jamaica in years we go to Cancun a lot and Haiti? Just not as impressed even tho Jamaica is beautiful I prefer the eastern unless cayman or another island was in there for west. Anyone recently done this one and how do the rooms compare. My husbands not thrilled with Haiti.

The staterooms are identical on Oasis and Allure.

Actually im going from a interior to a balcony so that's what it is I wastrying to compare or justify the price difference. Never sailed a balcony before.

Actually im going from a interior to a balcony so that's what it is I wastrying to compare or justify the price difference. Never sailed a balcony before.

Depends on the specific stateroom numbers. Some balconies are 182 square feet and some insides are 140 square feet, so in that case, the difference is significant. If you post specific stateroom numbers, we can look up the size.

I think compared to an interior, you'll be thrilled with the balcony cabin. I could sit and just watch the ocean for hours and hours if there weren't so many fun things to do on the ship!! One night, I even fell asleep on the balcony (we had 2 loungers) and just slept out there all night.

I think you will love Labadee. It's not like you are going to the main part of Haiti..it's the cruise ship's private island and it makes for a perfect beach day. They also have lots to do...the longest zip line over water (incredible view), a roller coaster, an aqua park, etc.

We took the western itinerary the last time we sailed on the Allure (2013) and we're doing it again in May on the Allure. We love Dunn's Falls and Labadee and had such a great time last time. We've done the eastern itineraries on other lines and enjoyed them very much but for the Allure, we wanted to do the western again.

I think you'll be happy!!

I think a balcony over an interior is worth the change to Western.We enjoy western and love to watch pulling in to port from our balcony.

Haiti is the private island and you will have no experience in actual Haiti....it's the most relaxing day of the trip

Jamaica is not a favorite stop but the Falmouth port is nice. We get off and eat lunch and shop a bit. It's a cruise secured port and gated so unless you want to take an excursion you can still enjoy the port

We are on Allure soon too....it's a great ship