Beware of Flash Sales

Barrycat

Does anyone know whether cruise lines give TA's any commission? If not, that might account for the shortage of Windstar Travel-friendly Travel Agents.

Cruise lines do pay commission. I know of no cruise line that does not commission TA's and this includes Windstar. I have seen nothing to make me believe there is actually a shortage of TA's selling Windstar. But since, in any given week, there are far fewer cabins to sell on Windstar than say NCL; the visibility of the sales will be lower. And some TA's have some they sell more than others, but I know of no good TA who is unwilling (or unfriendly) to any cruise line.

I truly think that: "the shortage of Windstar-friendly TA's" is merely supposition of a small minority of posters on CC.

Del Rio, that may well be the case in the USA but I can assure you it is different in Europe.

I am sorry to hear that. You may want to consider working with a TA in Canada or the US. I have had an occasional client from the UK or Italy in the past. And I regularly work with suppliers based in Europe. I generally think of leisure travel as having no real borders. But I may be living a fantasy life.

I am sorry to hear that. You may want to consider working with a TA in Canada or the US. I have had an occasional client from the UK or Italy in the past. And I regularly work with suppliers based in Europe. I generally think of leisure travel as having no real borders. But I may be living a fantasy life.

Well, Windstar is a small line. However, we are doing our best to pass the word around here! It could be to do with bigger commissions from the larger lines - In UK they seem to know about Regent, Silversea, Seabourn, etc. Or it could be just that Windstar has its own call centre and prefer to handle things that way.

This is my suggestion: I 've dealt with NATHAN a few times at Windstar and he is terrific. He will absolutely find you the best cabin and best price. Try him and tell me what you think. Hopefully I will not steer you wrong. If you can, go with the Suite on the Windsurf. Like staying at a five star hotel. The amount of room and amenities are awesome . Enjoy!

Well, I still fail to understand some of the messages here. If I am reading this right the message is that dealing with Windstar directly will give you a better price and benefits. That is not my experience.

If you have a travel agent that specializes in premium or luxury cruises then they know Windstar and have a relationship with them and will get you the same or better price, plus a refund or OBC paid from their commissions. In addition who will be there for you if you run into problems...like your flight is cancelled at the last minute. A good TA will help you out when you need it. If you've booked your own flights, Windstar will not do this for you. Do not use a mainstream cruise agent. You need a specialized agent.

For my upcoming cruise I have a $700 OBC, plus a BS1 at an S best rate. So very happy with that. We normally cruise Seabourn, which is a premium to Windstar, but using a TA gives us the most value, no matter the price or the cruise line.

from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Sunprince