The Drive from MCO to Port Canaveral

Crzy4my2

Sorry, this might sound stupid to some people but I was wondering about the drive from the airport to our hotel which is near the port. I get anxious when I have to drive some place new at night/in the dark but I'm OK if I know what to expect. My DH was supposed to travel with us but he is unable to come now. The kids and I fly out Thursday night and if all goes well(no snow delay), we land around midnight. I am picking up a rental and heading to the hotel. I don't mind driving, just curious about the ride. I was told it's about 45 minutes, all good but is it on a highway with exits close to each other? Or will it be miles between exits? Also, It looks like I will have to drive over bridges. are they the kind over the Cape Cod canal(short) or are they longer? Sorry, I know..trivial but will put me at ease... Thank you for reading :)

Easy drive east on the Beachline (528) about 45 minutes to the port, and hotels are just a couple minutes past. I drive it on a weekly basis, you will have no issues just keep following signs to Port Canaveral.

As mentioned, there are some stretches between exits and not really any services but is a short enough drive.

Thank you for your replies. They helped :) I did consider staying near the airport the 1st night and driving the next day but I have tickets to take the kids to the space center the next day and thought it would be better if we were already close by.

Isn't the beeline all toll roads east as well. Better to have change if that is the case.... I missed one going the other way and it cost me $35 with the car rental company.

Yes, there are 3 or 4 toll plazas, however each one has at least one attended cash lane where you can get change. Tolls are around $5-$6 total from the airport to Cocoa Beach.

There are only two toll plazas - $1 + $1 and change are given but may not be manned after midnight. Not sure. Best to take $2 in quarters!

It will be dark and lonely 50 minute drive on the two-lane road. Exits are many miles apart. Should you get a flat, etc. help will take a while. If you are nervous just stay near the airport and depart for KSC from there - you will not lose much time versus staying at Canaveral..

Here is a map with the route clearly shown:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1kUqV-SksGfy8RZniAggbw3RAIQ4&ll=28.430142484085515%2C-81.04499200000004&z=10

There are only two toll plazas - $1 + $1 and change are given but may not be manned after midnight. Not sure. Best to take $2 in quarters!

It will be dark and lonely 50 minute drive on the two-lane road. Exits are many miles apart. Should you get a flat, etc. help will take a while. If you are nervous just stay near the airport and depart for KSC from there - you will not lose much time versus staying at Canaveral..

Here is a map with the route clearly shown:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1kUqV-SksGfy8RZniAggbw3RAIQ4&ll=28.430142484085515%2C-81.04499200000004&z=10

Thank you. That map is better than what I have. I get nervous that I'll get lost but that looks like a straight shot from the airport.