Boston dock location,is it near HOHO stop?

alexandra cruiser

From map on HOHO site I can t see how far it would be ,since not sure where O docks usually.

Anyone done this, was it far?

Can you just pay on bus, website doesn t say. Just that a int.paid voucher should be taken to a Main St. location.

O offers Trolley as option,but not sure if that one stops .Since it says 1 1/2 hrs.tour online.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks so much for both sites. Unless I hear from any others I ll assume we dock at Black Falcon terminal.

Very confusing about the HOHO bus tho,,,but Tom s guides explains it.

Must purchase in town, not at terminal,it seems.

But can take ship shuttle there.

Ship sells Old Town Trolley tours, but NOT HOHO. So whole tour with NO STOPS ,confusing.

Too bad the tickets aren t sold on bus, or at cruise terminal.

Again, not sure if I purchase online that I can then board bus at the terminal,will have to call and check. Anyone know?

We docked in Black Falcon twice in 2016, both on Oceania. There is a bus stop on the pier that is part of the HoHo organization but that bus just takes you to the plaza downtown where you will get on the actual HoHo bus.

Be wary -- if there are a lot of ships in town, the HoHo bus can be a nightmare! Our first visit there we managed to get on a bus at the Plaza but could never get off as every HoHo bus was running totally full. There were dozens of people who had started earlier in the day and had gotten off at a sight-seeing stop and could never get back on! Their complaints were loud, angry and appropriate! There were five ships in town that day, all much bigger than our little Regatta. I recall the ride being around 2 hours.

We did pre-book and pre-paid for the HoHo bus and that was much more efficient than purchasing at the bus stop. Check to see how many ships are in town that day before you count on the HoHo bus.

Not sure which web site you're referring to, but here's the link to Old Town Trolleys https://www.trolleytours.com/boston/map

I live in the Boston area and that's the only HOHO type transport I ever see around town. Looks like you can purchase tickets in advance from the web site. Black Falcon is the only cruise terminal in the Boston area, and we have seen O ships docked there. It used to be pretty isolated in that part of town, but in the past few years the new Convention Center opened nearby, and there are a good number of hotels, restaurants and the Institute of Contemporary Art as well. So I think the HOHO trolley does actually stop at the cruise terminal.

As someone else already mentioned, the city has a lot of tourists, and traffic can be slow at times, particularly during the summer months, autumn weekends, rush hours, and any time the Red Sox are playing a home game. But it is a wonderful city and I hope you have a great time in the "land of the bean and the cod." If you have questions about the city, please let me know.

Thanks all, very kind to give info I needed. Have NO IDEA how to check how many ships will be in port that day.Its. in July,so may be pretty busy.Hate to purchase online since I heard here,no refunds.Guess I can either take the HOHO bus from cruise terminal to main office(but will be confusing since O has booked Trolley for tours from 9 to 10,maybe just wait till after.Or take shuttle into town and walk to main office. Looked at map,but seems confusing to get there,accross an expressway? Tom s port guides lists 3 hoho bus co.,,,Old Town, BOston, and City.Some also inc.a harbor tour.

Have been there yrs.ago and saw the MAIN sites,but great town to see again.

Wonder if any other type,ex.O tours, available.May have to check into private one.

Just found out answer to 1 question, called Old Town Trolley and they said if I booked online that a HOHO bus would be going to terminal every 30 mins.and could get on there and give ticket to driver.Would NOT have to go on shuttle to main office and just ask to be sure its the HOHO bus,not one booked for O tours. What a relief. Now will just have to hope its not too busy with long waits at sites.

But still need answer as to how to see how many ships in port.Always good to know .

Thanks,will try that, did google cruise ship port schedule and got a site that you needed to pay for,so gave up.

Here's the port schedule. You don't say which ship or which date but if you're on Insignia, looks like she is the only ship in port on 7/11

https://www.massport.com/port-of-boston/cruiseport-boston/cruise-schedule/