Is there childcare on the Norwegian Gem?

dabkeh

The ages of my children are 2.5 years, 4 yrs., 8yrs, and 9yrs. First time cruising with kids was told by ppl we know the kids will have a blast and we will too... but I don't see care for my youngest? Anyone want to share their experiences or shed some light // thxxxxxx:):D:confused:

Splash Academy

(Ages 3 – 12)

When your little ones are having a great time, you're having a great time. Sign them up for our complimentary youth program where they can enjoy creative play, sports and more. From theme night activities to cool parties, our youth staff has a knack for this stuff.

Splash Academy

(Ages 3 – 12)

When your little ones are having a great time, you're having a great time. Sign them up for our complimentary youth program where they can enjoy creative play, sports and more. From theme night activities to cool parties, our youth staff has a knack for this stuff.

There is nothing offered for The 2 year old?

There is nothing offered for The 2 year old?

there is no drop-off care for the 2 year old, no. The Guppies nursery on the Gem is open at certain hours, but parents must be present during play. I believe that the only ship with a drop off nursery for the under-3 set is Escape, and that has to be paid for.

Sorry :(.

There is a kids pool specifically for young toddlers. According to the deck plans it is very similar to the one I personally witnessed on the Jade and is located tucked into a shaded spot behind a glass gated wall adjacent to the pool bar. I have sailed on six NCL ships with my children and nephew who was under three for five of those trips and although you will not be able to drop him off with siblings, you will find plenty for him to do otherwise, especially with type of pool. The Guppies will have one or two activities a day to do with a NCL staff person. Sometimes it's finger painting with organic edible paints, other times it's music exploration. Other times you should find a drop-in play area (not staffed and sometimes set up in a empty conference room and sometimes a specific room of splash academy that is accessed directly from a hallway not through splash academy.

As for diapers in the pool you can comb these threads for several heated discussions (and probably a rash of attacks on this post) stating rules and health codes but simply put I've never witnessed NCL kicking any kid out of a kid pool that was wearing a swim diaper. They put the kids pool there for a reason.

Other things to do with your child during the day include having the disco floor all to yourself, trying new foods at the buffet, dazzling everyone at trivia or origami. You littlest will be fawned upon by the dining room staff and they will make paper dolls out of their order books and tell you how much they miss their children at home and how happy they are to see your little one's smiling face. Your older kids will LOVE splash academy and you'll have a blast - even if it means a lot of one on one time with the smallest.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is a kids pool specifically for young toddlers. According to the deck plans it is very similar to the one I personally witnessed on the Jade and is located tucked into a shaded spot behind a glass gated wall adjacent to the pool bar. I have sailed on six NCL ships with my children and nephew who was under three for five of those trips and although you will not be able to drop him off with siblings, you will find plenty for him to do otherwise, especially with type of pool. The Guppies will have one or two activities a day to do with a NCL staff person. Sometimes it's finger painting with organic edible paints, other times it's music exploration. Other times you should find a drop-in play area (not staffed and sometimes set up in a empty conference room and sometimes a specific room of splash academy that is accessed directly from a hallway not through splash academy.

As for diapers in the pool you can comb these threads for several heated discussions (and probably a rash of attacks on this post) stating rules and health codes but simply put I've never witnessed NCL kicking any kid out of a kid pool that was wearing a swim diaper. They put the kids pool there for a reason.

Other things to do with your child during the day include having the disco floor all to yourself, trying new foods at the buffet, dazzling everyone at trivia or origami. You littlest will be fawned upon by the dining room staff and they will make paper dolls out of their order books and tell you how much they miss their children at home and how happy they are to see your little one's smiling face. Your older kids will LOVE splash academy and you'll have a blast - even if it means a lot of one on one time with the smallest.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are NO pools on NCL that are filtered in such a way to be safe for diapered children to use. Actually there are zero pools on any cruise ship in the US that are for diapered kids. Only DCL and some RCCL ships have splash areas (not pools) safe for swim diapers. Sure, parents break the rules, and staff can turn s blind eye (like they do with other passenger issues).

Those small pools are great for the preschool/young elementary school crowd, if not polluted with the fecal tea bags of swim diapers. These pools are not like kiddie pools on land, they are not designed for poop.

We sailed on the Dawn when my DD was 2. There is no drop-off option at that age. There was a conference room set up with a few toys that was open I believe all day. In addition, daily there was an organized activity - i.e. face painting, Lego's, etc.

I won't get into the pool discussion as we took the cruise to Bermuda so it was a quick walk to the beach where she happily splashed and played for hours.

Okay this post was about child care not pools! Lol that being said, no diapers here anyways, potty training was a success! Bumper about child care 🙁 I never leave my kids with sitters anyways just family so they make guy give me a tough time older ones fine younger might be attached but figured they would enjoy the structured group play! Oh well

there is no drop-off care for the 2 year old, no. The Guppies nursery on the Gem is open at certain hours, but parents must be present during play. I believe that the only ship with a drop off nursery for the under-3 set is Escape, and that has to be paid for.

Sorry :(.

Thank you for the info! Still excited family time😍

We were on the Jewel in November with our almost-2-year-old, and we went to the Guppies room everyday. There were a lot of toys and some books, and some of the toys would change day to day. We enjoyed it. We also went to the Guppies activity many of the days, it was in the splash academy (not the Guppies play room) and they had an art activity and played music. My daughter really loved those activities.

Mostly she just had fun roaming the ship. She loved running up and down the corridors on the main decks (not next to staterooms) and spinning in the chairs in the lounges. And the crew liked playing with her too.

We were on the Jewel in November with our almost-2-year-old, and we went to the Guppies room everyday. There were a lot of toys and some books, and some of the toys would change day to day. We enjoyed it. We also went to the Guppies activity many of the days, it was in the splash academy (not the Guppies play room) and they had an art activity and played music. My daughter really loved those activities.

Mostly she just had fun roaming the ship. She loved running up and down the corridors on the main decks (not next to staterooms) and spinning in the chairs in the lounges. And the crew liked playing with her too.

Awe that's great to know! I just pray all kids have s blast?! You gave me piece of mind! Thank you! Glad you and your daughter enjoyed your cruise makes everything great!!!

Edited by dabkeh
Typo