explorer Feb 14 report

sharon2975

We are on the Explorer and having a FANTASTIC time. So sorry it has taken me till now to report, but, we have been in such awe of everything that we just did not have time.

The boarding and lunch on embarkation day could not have gone smoothly. The buffet included some of the best prime rib we have ever had. The staff is amazing.

We have had dinner the first two nights in Compass Rose and highly recommend the Dover Sole. Bob had the duck last night and reported it was yummy. We had lunch yesterday in prime 7, don't miss the clam chowder there. are you seeing a theme here that I am really into the food?

We spent the afternoon yesterday in the small pool at the stern of the ship. The water in this pool is quite warm, very comfy. We were at sea and the waves in the pool were very soothing. I brought along an inflatable swim noodle (Purchased on Amazon under the name of "doodles by Swimline) and it has sparked "noodle envy" by other passengers. I highly recommend this as a purchase for anyone who my be inclined to spend a lot of time in the pool. Alexi just arrived with Room service breakfast, so I have to go. I will be back when I have time and share todays adventures and meals. Regards from room 1210, Sharon and Bob

We are on the Explorer and having a FANTASTIC time. So sorry it has taken me till now to report, but, we have been in such awe of everything that we just did not have time.

The boarding and lunch on embarkation day could not have gone smoothly. The buffet included some of the best prime rib we have ever had. The staff is amazing.

We have had dinner the first two nights in Compass Rose and highly recommend the Dover Sole. Bob had the duck last night and reported it was yummy. We had lunch yesterday in prime 7, don't miss the clam chowder there. are you seeing a theme here that I am really into the food?

We spent the afternoon yesterday in the small pool at the stern of the ship. The water in this pool is quite warm, very comfy. We were at sea and the waves in the pool were very soothing. I brought along an inflatable swim noodle (Purchased on Amazon under the name of "doodles by Swimline) and it has sparked "noodle envy" by other passengers. I highly recommend this as a purchase for anyone who my be inclined to spend a lot of time in the pool. Alexi just arrived with Room service breakfast, so I have to go. I will be back when I have time and share todays adventures and meals. Regards from room 1210, Sharon and Bob

Traded places with you. We were on from Feb 4. Feb 14

It is an amazing ship. Agree, Dover Sole A+.

Sunday Brunch. A must!

Enjoy your cruise.

We did.

another fantastic day on the Explorer. We arranged a snorkel trip on our own with H2O and it was amazing. Saw a grouper as big as a volkswagen and zillions of other sea life. if anyone is interested in this company I will share their information. Regent did not offer the type of snorkel trip we wanted and I did a lot of research to select this company. Dinner tonight was an outdoor buffet, it was ok but not the best that we have had on the ship. We really enjoy the lunches in the specialty restaurants and the dinners in Compass Rose. As to the number of guests at the infinity pool, we found not too many there. No Sunday brunch for us as we are at Harvest Caye on Sunday, so not a sea day.

Tomorrow is Costa Maya and we are taking a snorkeling trip from the ship. We will keep y'all posted. night night from the Explorer. Sharon and Bob

Hi Sharon, Lorna here, we still haven't managed to hook up, but no doubt we will 😎.

You were very fortunate to have self booked your snorkel trip as the as the Regent Jeep Safari & Snorkel trip cancelled the snorkel part due to "poor visibility and jelly fish" which left us with a SELF drive Jeep convoy around the island, first stop Tequilla tasting (I kid you not!).

Completely agree with you about the quality of food. So far I've had filet mignon in CR, which was excellent and Lobster Tempura in Pacific Rim, which with a side of noodles was to die for! Also agree that the BBQ was so-so.

lorna, please phone us in suite 1210 and leave a message so we can meet up. When we board the bus, for todays snorkel trip, I will ask if you are onboard and introduce ourselves if you are. so sorry to hear about your day yesterday, sounds awful, wish you had joined us as it was fantastic and worth every penny we paid. for all reading this, we have had room service breakfast every morning and it is really great. just finished bagels and lox as as we come into port and get ready for our day with a relaxing beginning.

another great day on the Explorer. Had breakfast from room service, have solved an issue we had with the decaffinated coffee. We now order it made in a plunge pot and it is much improved. Lunch was in La veranda and we are really loving the pasta station there, they also had sweet and sour chicken today and it was yummy. Dinner was in Prime 7 and I had the best salad of the trip with candied pecans, fresh beets, and a light tasty dressing. The prime rib is really good and the service excellent.

The show tonight was very entertaining. Doug Cameron a violinist is not to be missed, we were told he would be performing again on this trip. We have enjoyed all of the shows.

Our shore excursion today was AWFUL! We got to a very crowded, dirty beach where we were signed up to snorkel. The water looked uninviting to say the least. there were vendors selling lots of junk all over the place. We jumped into a cab (the cab fare was included at no cost to us, the only positive about the excursion)

and headed right back to the ship where we enjoyed a lovely afternoon at the pool and bob had a great time touring the bridge with the captain.

We asked many fellow passengers if they were Bob and Lorna only to be told by all that we asked that they were not. We have met several interesting folks because of our quest for Lorna and Bob, but so far have not found them. We had the desk ring their cabin today and we left them a message. When we returned to our cabin tonight there was a message from them, so, maybe tomorrow we will finally meet up. We will report back on that. We gained an hour tonight thanks to crossing time zones, night night from 1210, Sharon and Bob

No Sunday brunch for us as we are at Harvest Caye on Sunday, so not a sea day.

I'm curious to know if they plan to offer the brunch on a different day? We are on the same itinerary as you next year, and like yours, Sunday is a port day. Was so hoping to experience this magnificent brunch I've read so much about.

Today is Sunday and we have just arrived in Harvest Caye. Bob is heading to the Veranda to score some caviar and bring it up to the suite for me. Will report on how this goes.

Big news yesterday: We found Lorna, or I should say Lorna found us.

We were floating in the pool, our favorite activity and another passenger commented on my noodle. I replied that I had posted here on Cruise Critic about the "noodle envy" from other passengers and a voice behind me said: "are you Sharon?? I am Lorna" The quest is over, it was nice to finally meet Lorna.

One comment on the pool, if you are wondering as we were if it is heated, the answer is YES! We had to ask them yesterday to turn down the heat as the pool was almost as warm as the hot tub.

We have an excursion this morning, please feel free to send any questions my way.

an unexpected day at sea today due to rough seas causing difficulty going ashore in Roatan. We enjoyed all that the Explorer had to offer. The staff added activities and printed up a new daily list. Bob attended 2 lectures and I went to bingo and enjoyed the pool.

Dinner tonight was in Chartreuse, not our favorite. My opinion is "to much use of truffles" If you like truffles you will love Chartreuse.

Two nights ago we ate in Sette Mari and enjoyed it very much, last night was Prime 7 for the second time, don't miss the 14 layer chocolate cake, a dessert to dream about.

There were many questions about Harvest Caye. We took the excursion to the ruins since the snorkel activity was cancelled. We walked thru Harvest Caye, but did not spend any time there. I have been polling those onboard who spent the day at the pool/beach and everyone seemed to like it. Many commented that it was the biggest pool they had ever seen and that everything was new and clean.