Not Early Saver price drop

beckzay

I know price drop questions are asked here a lot but I just can't seem to find a clear answer. Can anyone clarify for me...I'm booked Early Saver right now. Final payment isn't until next week. I know that If I see a fare that is lower I can get a price adjustment in the form of on board credit. However, if that lower price is NOT an early saver rate (but still a rate that I am able to choose my cabin) am I still able to get another price adjustment later if the price drops again?

You can match to any rate you are qualified for. It does not have to be another ES rate. Just make sure it's not a guarantee cabin.

What happens if I find a rate lower, I switch and now it's not an early saver rate. Lets say it's now a resident rate for example. So, now I'm book on a resident rate and what if the price drops now? Can I get an adjustment on the resident rate?

What happens if I find a rate lower, I switch and now it's not an early saver rate. Lets say it's now a resident rate for example. So, now I'm book on a resident rate and what if the price drops now? Can I get an adjustment on the resident rate?

Yes, your Early Saver rate becomes whatever the resident rate is. And this carries on past final payment date until 2 days before you sail. You can claim any rate drop in any category (except guarantee) up until then. The other caveat is that it must be in the same cabin class as your original booking.

Yes, your Early Saver rate becomes whatever the resident rate is. And this carries on past final payment date until 2 days before you sail. You can claim any rate drop in any category (except guarantee) up until then. The other caveat is that it must be in the same cabin class as your original booking.

Oh, ok! So because I originally booked early saver I essentially have "early saver" the whole time? As long as I'm still booked in the same stateroom class I originally booked in? Thanks, this is very helpful :)

The key message is that you are "price matching". That doesn't mean that you are switching from ES to that new fare you are just "matching it" as long as you qualify for the new rate. For example the resident fare that you mentioned as long as it's the same cabin classification and not a guarantee.

The key message is that you are "price matching". That doesn't mean that you are switching from ES to that new fare you are just "matching it" as long as you qualify for the new rate. For example the resident fare that you mentioned as long as it's the same cabin classification and not a guarantee.

Thank you! This clarifies things!

Have booked 3 early saver cruise. One I got about $1300 in OBC from two price adjustments (thank you Triumph poop cruise for bringing prices down). The second about $350 from three price adjustments, and the last one zero price adjustments. All summer cruises out of Galveston. Based on that I guess I have to agree that ES price adjustments are getting harder to come by.

I am still a little confused how this works. If you are booked early saver can you price match to a higher category? For example if you are currently booked in a 1A and none show up can you price match to a 1B if it is cheaper?

You can only price match to the exact category, however, you may be able to upgrade.

You can price match to higher category and keep your cabin if desired. Just did it a few days ago :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is correct.... I've had documents in the past state that the price is based on a certain cabin type, although the cabin was a a lower type.

In addition, when you are on early saver and price match to a non-early saver rate, you should get a confirmation email with the new price. This email should contain a section labeled "Guest Notes". One of the notes should say something to the effect of "Early Saver T&C apply".