Explorer G2 Cabins

ClefsDor

Dave,

Sorry I was wrong! The Explorer G IS 253 sq. ft. excluding balcony. Just like the Mariner. I was looking a category H for both ships. For category H, the Mariner suites are 252 or 253 sq. ft. and the Explorer suites are 219 sq. ft. I apologize for the error. And either of the G suites would be fine for us IF the cost were equal.

Dave,

Sorry I was wrong! The Explorer G IS 253 sq. ft. excluding balcony. Just like the Mariner. I was looking a category H for both ships. For category H, the Mariner suites are 252 or 253 sq. ft. and the Explorer suites are 219 sq. ft. I apologize for the error. And either of the G suites would be fine for us IF the cost were equal.

IMO, there is a big difference between the lowest category suites on the Mariner and on the Explorer (even if they are the same size). The Mariner suites have a walk-in closet and a nice size bathroom. The Explorer has a sliding door closet and very small bathroom. Those two items alone would be a problem.

The reason I'm fairly vocal about the "G" suites is that Regent customers know what to expect on Regent's other ships and it would be a shock if they booked the suite without knowing in advance what the differences are. For people new to Regent, the suite would likely be fine as they are not familiar with what the other ships have.

To be fair, the "G" suites are decorated nicely and have nice balconies. I just could not, in good conscience, recommend them to past Regent guests.