About those Meet & Mingle signs....

We had a great group on our Mariner cruise... Not a problem in the world... We even posted cabin numbers on our roll call, and although no one ever knocked on our door it was nice to be able to phone one another if need be which happened as we done a "group" tour and there was a time change... It's really hit or miss but we had an awesome group and I would not hesitate to do it again... IF you feel comfortable with your fellow cruisers...:cool:

I had the CC sign and another sign. I was not often in the cabin so i have no idea if people knocked. Like MadCnty, they were all stolen by the end of the cruise. I missed them because they made the door much easier to find in the middle of the night (after many drinks).

I printed out the CC sign and glued it to an old "giveaway" magnetic advertisement. I put it on our door while on the Rhapsody, not really to advertise that we were there, but rather, as a quick visual that I was entering the correct cabin. No one knocked on our door or bothered us. A couple of pax asked me about it while in the hallway and agreed that after too many foo foo drinks, the sign can be quite helpful. :p

I have been to a couple of "Meet & Mingle" parties, and I have always felt it was a waste of time! I'm sure there are some groups that connect, but I personally don't waste my time anymore with this sort of thing. And the last thing I would want to do is advertise.

Sorry for the sour grapes - but I am now a little more hesitant in who I meet online. Some people I have met at these parties take this sort of thing way too seriously. That's not to say everyone you meet online is of concern, but I tend to be a little more careful these days.

I have been to a couple of "Meet & Mingle" parties, and I have always felt it was a waste of time! I'm sure there are some groups that connect, but I personally don't waste my time anymore with this sort of thing. And the last thing I would want to do is advertise.

Sorry for the sour grapes - but I am now a little more hesitant in who I meet online. Some people I have met at these parties take this sort of thing way too seriously. That's not to say everyone you meet online is of concern, but I tend to be a little more careful these days.

Interesting thoughts and concerns. I will keep this in mind. You sound like you had a "bad" experience.:confused:

I don't use the Meet and Mingle signs, but we almost always decorate our door, and have had many nice compliments from people while onboard, can easily find our cabin, have passed the decs onto our cabin stewards (they have asked for them), and so on.

Last trip (Sept) the elderly ladies across the hall commented on our decorations as we were doing it the first day (I was with my early childhood chum, we're now in our 40's) and said they wished they'd thought of it. We had some extra decorations, so we did their door too.

Then we added to it every day, with gel jems, stickers, paper umbrellas, etc. (Still keeping in mind to be tasteful and minimalist, of course! ;) )

They really loved it. Every day they were looking to see what else had been added.

No one has ever randomly knocked on our door or bothered us, due to the decorations. I say go for it!

I was deciding whether or not to hang the sign myself. I didn't really think about anyone just stopping by and knocking, but I guess it could happen, and with my luck it'd be when the little ones were napping!

I think maybe will forget it. Perhaps it would be for the best. We will go to the Meet & Mingle though, the last one I went to the M&M itself was kinda boring, but we met new people that we chatted with all week.

I was deciding whether or not to hang the sign myself. I didn't really think about anyone just stopping by and knocking, but I guess it could happen, and with my luck it'd be when the little ones were napping!

I think maybe will forget it. Perhaps it would be for the best. We will go to the Meet & Mingle though, the last one I went to the M&M itself was kinda boring, but we met new people that we chatted with all week.

Let me know how everything goes with your M&M. Happy cruising!

Archived