About those Meet & Mingle signs....

I want to put one on our door for our upcoming AOS honeymoon cruise, but my DH2B thinks that will encouge people to knock on our door and bother us. Has this been the case for anyone?

No one pestered us, and in fact I didn't see any other cruise critic door signs on my trip (EOS, 11/6-11/13).

best,

Laura

Our large group has never had a problem. We've always gotten along great on the boards so we had no worries about getting along on board. ;)

We made our own signs and printed them on magnets we picked up at Office Max. We were all able to find each others cabins without problems and had a great time. :D

I have to admit, on our last cruise, while we didn't post the Meet and Mingle signs outside our door, we did make an email list with all our names and phone numbers prior to boarding. It was nice to have, in case we wanted to get in touch with one another.

I have my M&M sign ready to post on our door. :D

• 1 month later...

We hung ours on our Voyager cruise earlier this month. No one bothered us at all, no knocking, no calling. One person in the hall asked us what it was as we were leaving our room. That is it. Also, it makes it easy to spot your room!

We hung ours on our Voyager cruise earlier this month. No one bothered us at all, no knocking, no calling. One person in the hall asked us what it was as we were leaving our room. That is it. Also, it makes it easy to spot your room!
KelJ, Thank you very much for your answer. I do like the idea of posting the sign on the door, so I have something to aim for. :D

We made our own signs and printed them on magnets we picked up at Office Max. We were all able to find each others cabins without problems and had a great time.
SPGryphon, What did your signs look like? Do you have any pictures of the sign that you can post here? :confused: I like the idea of making my own signs and attaching them to the door with magnets. :)

I have sometimes taken amusing postcards (there is a series that shows vintage photos of women with little 'typewritten' labels on them depicting funny messages) and then blown them up on a color copier and laminated them. They go up easily with a couple of stickers and then are reusable.

One showed a woman with a 40's hairstyle holding an old fashioned cocktail and it said "All I Want Is An Umbrella In My Drink" (and our cabin steward stuck little paper umbrellas all around it); another showed about 8 women running in the surf in hilarious old fashioned swimsuits and it said "Born To Be Wild".

Easy to make and fun to display (and waaaaay easier to find your cabin, late at night!) and no biggie if they were to be stolen.

We just got off an RCI cruise where we had an awful experience.
I'm curious... if you don't mind, what ship were you on, where did you sail, and what was your awful experience? Was it a result of displaying the Meet & Mingle sign on your door? :confused:

The sign we had used was before it said meet & mingle....I assume people thought we were critiquing the cruise...

One complaint was about the noise of the toilets.....

Several people left notes saying "great cruise, change nothing" kind of stuff....

A couple were left telling us that the dining was so so...

Just typical complaints...our favorite tho was the toilets....

I'll try a sign on the Brilliance next month....we'll see!!...course, we aft this time and most people don't walk by ur room when ur aft...

We have used the cruise critic door signs on both RCL and Celebrity Cruises. Have usually made my own. Have never had anyone knock on our door because of it. There was one little lady across the hall from us one time that told us she was hoping she would bump into us since we were "cruise critics" and she had some complaints she wanted us to know about so we could "report them".

We also glued our sign to advertising magnets and they stuck just fine on the doors.

We were with a group cruise and all in the group had a door decorating contest. Lots of fun....amazing ideas that some came up with. No one ever bothered us. I will now always put something on the door in order to quickly recognize it. Sure beats getting caught trying to get your seapass card to open the neighbors door!

Congratulations to you and your fiancee!

So, other than being able to find your room easier when you are in a drunken stuper, just what is the purpose of putting cruise critic signs on your door?

And on another note, we went to meet and mingle on last cruise, found it to be boring and uncomfortable. Not something we will waste our time on again.

We were with a group cruise and all in the group had a door decorating contest. Lots of fun....amazing ideas that some came up with. No one ever bothered us. I will now always put something on the door in order to quickly recognize it. Sure beats getting caught trying to get your seapass card to open the neighbors door!

Congratulations to you and your fiancee!

Thank you very much. :)

So, other than being able to find your room easier when you are in a drunken stuper, just what is the purpose of putting cruise critic signs on your door?

Does there even need to be another reason?

Clarkk:

1) Easy to find your cabin - whether you're tipsy, tired, or heading down that long hall for the 50,000 time that day, a sign or door dec makes it a snap

2) Easy for friends to find your cabin

3) Personalizes your cabin to make you happy every time you see it (Just like fresh flowers in the cabin, or a Christmas tree at home)

4) Makes other people who walk by happy (maybe not a Cruise Critic sign, but when we've had holiday decs or fun signs we always hear people favorably commenting on them)

5) Just to be wierd

You go with your bad self Erin..

I look at it this way... if I put up the sign, there is less of a chance I will need someone to help me find my room at 3 am :)

There is still a strong chance that I will need help, but at least it will be easier for a stranger to find while helping me walk

You go with your bad self Erin..

I look at it this way... if I put up the sign, there is less of a chance I will need someone to help me find my room at 3 am :)

There is still a strong chance that I will need help, but at least it will be easier for a stranger to find while helping me walk

LOL! So true! :D

Archived