buffet questions for those who have been on davina

tommy47

my wife and I have never been on msc before. we have been on like 25 cruises. last year when I read the reviews they weren't to good but now they seem to be better. Im kind of fussy with food and I am wondering during the day what kind of food they have at the buffet. all the other cruises usually have some kind of chicken and they carve turkey or sirloin etc. I know they have pizza and hamburgs but kind of wondering if everything else is fancy. thank you

We just got off the Divina last month. We are seasoned cruisers as well. We really enjoyed the breakfast and lunch buffet. Pizza is delish, carving stations look wonderful, healthy section was really good, husband said the hamburgers beat every other cruise line burger he has ever had (tender and quality beef), french fries are served in cute little containers, amazing assortment of cold cuts that are to die for, the best array of cheeses I have ever seen, fruit, salads, etc. AND......the desserts are not only beautiful, they truly taste the way you would think it SHOULD taste. Sooooo many desserts to choose from. Love the ones in the little plastic cups. The breakfast buffet is really delish as well. The ALREADY MADE scrambles eggs are REAL eggs - not powdered......my husband liked the sausages better than the bacon.......we were very happy with the buffet.......we ate all our evening meals in the main DR or specialty restaurants. The buffet was not fancy in our opinion.

We just got off the Divina last month. We are seasoned cruisers as well. We really enjoyed the breakfast and lunch buffet. Pizza is delish, carving stations look wonderful, healthy section was really good, husband said the hamburgers beat every other cruise line burger he has ever had (tender and quality beef), french fries are served in cute little containers, amazing assortment of cold cuts that are to die for, the best array of cheeses I have ever seen, fruit, salads, etc. AND......the desserts are not only beautiful, they truly taste the way you would think it SHOULD taste. Sooooo many desserts to choose from. Love the ones in the little plastic cups. The breakfast buffet is really delish as well. The ALREADY MADE scrambles eggs are REAL eggs - not powdered......my husband liked the sausages better than the bacon.......we were very happy with the buffet.......we ate all our evening meals in the main DR or specialty restaurants. The buffet was not fancy in our opinion.

How was the main dining room for dinner ? There have been some poor reviews on that lately.

We also just got off the Divina (back to back Jan 19 and Jan 28), and I second everything Grannyof6 said above. We thought the buffet was great (maybe too great, now I am trying to lose a few pounds!). As others have said, if it looks too crowded, go all the way to the back (aft), and there are always empty tables there, some with a beautiful view.

Regarding the Main Dining Room, we had excellent meals there also. I had read many negative reviews about small portions, no tap water served, but that was not the case for us. The portions were definitely large enough, and they refilled our water glasses (free water) often. We started out ordering two appetizers, but eventually decided that one was enough. The desserts are indeed, amazing!

This was our first time on Divina, and we were very pleasantly surprised! You can read my review here under "Member Reviews".

Just off the Divina last week. Loved the food. Buffet was better than any we've had on other cruises(29). Scrambled eggs were like homemade. Everything was the appropriate temperatures. Pizza was outstanding. Many types of food available. Desserts were amazing.

MDR was as good or better than other lines. It all depends on what you chose. Some things were better than others. Service was excellent. Water was plentiful. Food was hot.

We also ate in Eataly. Loved their pasta with mozzarella balls and basil.

Grannyofsix,

Did you happen to notice if there was smoked fish and anchovies on the breakfast and lunch buffets ?

I noticed that you are going on the February 15, 2018 cruise also. I will be on for the 21 day cruise.

Thank you,

Richard "The Colonel"

my wife and I have never been on msc before. we have been on like 25 cruises. last year when I read the reviews they weren't to good but now they seem to be better. Im kind of fussy with food and I am wondering during the day what kind of food they have at the buffet. all the other cruises usually have some kind of chicken and they carve turkey or sirloin etc. I know they have pizza and hamburgs but kind of wondering if everything else is fancy. thank you

Everyone has different taste but we love the buffet on the Divina especially at lunch.

Only been on MSC once, but the foods were the highlight of the trip. Their buffet is superior to anything we have experienced on other lines. We loved their MDR but most Of my fellow Americans probably would prefer a quicker and larger meal. We enjoyed the slower pace and the European sized portions and superior quality. Only disappointment was their specialty restaurants; stick to MDR and buffet

Sent from my iPhone using Forums