Doubletree Hilton GalleryOne or Riverside Hotel?

canadianbear

We just decided to do a last minute booking and of course it's spring break (am taking my daughter who is a teacher on a cruise)

Yes, the hotels are expensive..ugh...looking at the GalleryOne or Riverside as they are both

the same price.

My daughter is 30 and I'm in my early 60's with a bit of mobility problem with walking too far. Would either of these be good choices for hotels with restaurants nearby? We will probably try to do a water taxi one day as well as we will stay 2 nights prior to the cruise. The dates are March 17 and 18th for the hotel. (We can taxi or Uber for dinner but wanted something near for breakfast and lunch).

Thanks for any help.

Gallery one has a water taxi stop at its back door!

It is also close to restaurants in the Galleria Mall area (seasons52, PF Chang, Trulucks etc)

We have never stayed in the Riverside but have stayed in Gallery One about 4 or 5 times and always more than happy with it. Breakfast is expensive tho'!

Thank you both for replying. I decided to book the GalleryOne. Hopefully we can find an

economical breakfast place rather than at the hotel!

Looking forward to maybe checking out a few hotels for future cruises!

Seeing as you have gone with Gallery one, here is a bit more information.

Across E. Sunrise Blvd from hotel is a small 'deli' that does coffee, croissants etc. I think the name is Eurobread cafe, or something similar.

There is a Starbucks straight across the road from Galleria Mall. There is also a Starbucks inside the mall within Macy's. Also there is a food court in the mall.

There is a Publix close by and they would have fresh bread etc. Your room in Gallery one will have cooking facilities.

Finally, when you check in ask have they any deals for breakfast in the hotel! Worked for me once ;)

Also, the trolley goes from Galleria Mall to along the seafront etc.

check the exact location of the trolley stop as it seems to vary from the side of Galleria Mall to the front of Galleria Mall (just beyond the entrance to the mall).

VMax1700-fantastic info, thank you so much! Really appreciate it-sounds like we will be in a good location close to things-I'm so happy!

We really will only have 1 full day since we arrive late the first night-would have preferred a few more days but just couldn't afford the high prices with our dollar exchange the way it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have mobility issues, the restaurants at Gallery One are going to be a problem for you.

I would book the Riverside. It is an on call stop for the water taxi and many restaurants are steps from the hotel not long city blocks.

Too late, I went with Gallery One. I think it will be ok....it's just feet issues and if I'm having a good day I can walk 8-10 blocks. If it's a bad day, it will be pool for me.:D

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd update my experience staying at GalleryOne for anyone else maybe looking.

It was actually perfect for me. The water taxi spot just outside the door of hotel was great. My daughter & I bought the day pass right at hotel.

We also found a great Italian restaurant just over the draw bridge that I could walk to. We went there both nights for supper as the food was so good.

We just decided to do a last minute booking and of course it's spring break (am taking my daughter who is a teacher on a cruise)

Yes, the hotels are expensive..ugh...looking at the GalleryOne or Riverside as they are both

the same price.

My daughter is 30 and I'm in my early 60's with a bit of mobility problem with walking too far. Would either of these be good choices for hotels with restaurants nearby? We will probably try to do a water taxi one day as well as we will stay 2 nights prior to the cruise. The dates are March 17 and 18th for the hotel. (We can taxi or Uber for dinner but wanted something near for breakfast and lunch).

Thanks for any help.

I think you would be more comfortable in Gallery One because they are small condos with full kitchens, living room and separate bedrooms. The Water Taxi stop is right out the back door and the beach is about a block away.

I think you would be more comfortable in Gallery One because they are small condos with full kitchens, living room and separate bedrooms. The Water Taxi stop is right out the back door and the beach is about a block away.

My post above yours was that we did in fact stay at GalleryOne and it was perfect for us! Having that water taxi right there was awesome.

Very spacious rooms & we were very comfortable with hotel & location. Also had an awesome 10 day Caribbean cruise aboard the Zuiderdam.

My post above yours was that we did in fact stay at GalleryOne and it was perfect for us! Having that water taxi right there was awesome.

Very spacious rooms & we were very comfortable with hotel & location. Also had an awesome 10 day Caribbean cruise aboard the Zuiderdam.

Dang! I always hate it when I respond to an old post without noticing the date, but I'm glad it worked out for you.