arcade

catspaws65

All done on Seapass card. If I remember correctly, you had to swipe your SeaPass through a machine at the arcade, which purchased arcade credits. I believe the games ended up being around $1.00 per play, but I may be incorrect.

Yes, it's expensive. You can also stop at Guest Relations and have them put a daily limit on the sea pass for arcade purchases. That way you can let her use the arcade freely, but not rack up a huge bill.

Do you know that from personal experience, having placed a daily arcade limit on a SeaPass, or are you repeating what you may have seen on this board before? I ask because in many threads, posters have indicated that you can have a spending limit placed on a SeaPass, but that the limit does not apply to the arcade. If you have first hand experience to the contrary, I'd be pleased to hear about it.

Do you know that from personal experience, having placed a daily arcade limit on a SeaPass, or are you repeating what you may have seen on this board before? I ask because in many threads, posters have indicated that you can have a spending limit placed on a SeaPass, but that the limit does not apply to the arcade. If you have first hand experience to the contrary, I'd be pleased to hear about it.

I have read varying reports and I think there is a difference between the ships. I think from what I have read us that Oasis class and possibly Quantum class you can put a limit on the arcade part however I know on Freedom class and below you could not and they even have warnings to this effect in the cruise compass. By the time we started sailing Oasis class the kids never bothered with the arcade except for a few games of air hockey.

On Liberty last year, there was a machine to put credits or "tokens" on your sea pass card. It took cash or charged to account. I took cash as I didn't want my boys to realize they could do it themselves and I also told them they couldn't replenish without me. I don't know if you could have played without adding credits but I didn't give them that option. When their credits ran out, they knew it and it wouldn't let them play another game.

On Liberty last year, there was a machine to put credits or "tokens" on your sea pass card. It took cash or charged to account. I took cash as I didn't want my boys to realize they could do it themselves and I also told them they couldn't replenish without me. I don't know if you could have played without adding credits but I didn't give them that option. When their credits ran out, they knew it and it wouldn't let them play another game.

If they had met other kids who let them know they could have added, they could have added. Even if kids have charging blocked they can charge on the machines for arcade credits. It makes me nutty. My son, I hope, knows the wrath of me that will ruin his cruise if he charges without my permission, but....

I was so glad that he didn't love the Teen room last cruise for that reason, that he didn't meet kids who might urge him to break his boring mom's rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums