Dawn review ??????

Still Dreaming

I was just submitting my review for our last week cruise on the Dawn and noticed this review just submitted. How can this be explained? How can you be on your 4th cruise and not know about the daily service charge. Every cruise line has it!! Could they be from Europe where it is included in the fare and not charged separate and this time he booked through a US Travel agent?????

Topgrimes

1 Review

Member Since 2017

Overall Member Rating

Beware of any hidden charges

Sail Date: February 2017

Destination: Western Caribbean

Embarkation: New Orleans

We had previously done this cruise last April and loved it. That was not the case this time. We were charged $26 a day for gratuities after we had sailed. This is the fourth cruise my wife and I had been on and the first time this has ever happened. I have had many conversations with customer service on the ship and my booking agent for Norwegian who say this is very clear. I disagree, many other cruisers were surprised by this charge also

I was just submitting my review for our last week cruise on the Dawn and noticed this review just submitted. How can this be explained? How can you be on your 4th cruise and not know about the daily service charge. Every cruise line has it!! Could they be from Europe where it is included in the fare and not charged separate and this time he booked through a US Travel agent?????

Why are you slamming this other person who has taken time to post?

Of course Still Dreaming is not slamming the reviewer. It was a legitimate question. I actually read that review and couldn't understand that point either. We have cruised with at least 5 different cruise lines and in the past several years, have always paid service charges.

Perhaps they haven't cruised in many years and are used to the discretionary tips given at the end of the cruise as was the custom years ago.

Ellen