Taste of Film - Summit

madibeme

Yes they are still doing this. Movie in January was Chef.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sorry, 7 small plates paired with the movie. Really fun night. Except our first try got rained out. Second night was so rough they lost the entire table of liquor and DD got seasick. But the concept is fun.

That sounds cool! Hadn't heard of it and don't see it under specialty dinning? Where do we find this and what was the cost?

It's listed in the dailies usually at 8pm, once a cruise (on 7 night cruise, not sure if they do a second showing on longer cruises), You can call dining once on board to make reservations. It was $20 pp in August..

We got up there approx. 45 minutes prior to the event, and they were showing The 100 Foot Journey. Not as Taste of Film; just showing the movie.

My only complaint was the lack of restrooms up on the top deck. It was quite a walk, two decks down, to use the rest room. If they are going to utilize that deck as a venue, they need to find a spot to add restrooms. This was on the Summit

We are on Summit in April and I was curious about this. Could you elaborate a bit on your experience?

We loved it. Went up and had a couch. They handed out blankets in case you got cold. Full bar service although I wish they came around more. We did the 100 foot Journey. So excited to see a new movie this year. I attached the menu from last year which obviously will change with a new movie. I want to say every 10 to 15 minutes it was a new plate.

13754483_10154379472394116_2902708166753893374_n.jpg.3b1d56866a24e7787ccead9fc5074cbd.jpg

I believe the only ships that have the Rooftop Terrace which is where they do A Taste of Film are the Summit, Millenium and Infinity.

I don't think any of the S-class ships have this venue as of yet.

Maybe as ships enter drydock, the Terrace will be added to the rest of the fleet?

It can also be found on the Solstice, as they added a movie screen to the lawn when it went into Dry Dock

We got up there approx. 45 minutes prior to the event, and they were showing The 100 Foot Journey. Not as Taste of Film; just showing the movie.

My only complaint was the lack of restrooms up on the top deck. It was quite a walk, two decks down, to use the rest room. If they are going to utilize that deck as a venue, they need to find a spot to add restrooms. This was on the Summit

I totally agree with you, there is no point in adding something like that if they don't have restroom facilities. Maybe next dry dock :confused: