Oceanview Guarentee not assigned yet but sold out- opinions

CocaCola19

I booked two state rooms a few weeks back. One inside guarantee (assigned about a week or two later), and a ocean view guarantee (still pending). I checked the website today and the only cabins showing available are for suites and interior. I'm assuming Carnival possibly still has oceanview inventory, but seems it would be not in their favor to have inventory blocked from online booking. What has been your experience with booking guarantees? How often have you not known what your stateroom up until the cruise? Any problems with it? Have you had better assignments with really quick assignments or delayed assignments? I, of course, will be happy with any ocean room or above. That is why I booked it. Just looking for other's experiences as I get more and more excited for our upcoming vacation.

Edited by CocaCola19
typo

We did a guarantee last cruise & it was assigned 2 days later, I was hoping for an upgrade. But no such luck for us, perhaps you will get lucky. I was able to find our cabin # in our cruise docs, I am assuming you've already checked there. I've read here that it sometimes isn't assigned until embarkation day & in that case the porters know your cabin #.

I forgot to add: we were trying to secure a cabin for our upcoming Splendor cruise when there were none showing on the website, our cruise was not even listed... so I called our travel agent, & was told that there literally was only 2 cabins left on the ship. I am sure in your situation they are trying to "upsell" those suites before they assign them to a OV guarantee & there are possibly a few cabins left, not listed.

Hi CocaCola,

We have had an assignment on the last week before the cruise, but as said, you could be told on embarkation day. :o Surprise !!

Who knows, maybe you will get one of upsell calls offering you a suite. Just in case, make sure you know what they are worth (in advance), and how much extra you would be willing to pay for an upgrade.

good luck

have a great cruise

Hi CocaCola,

We have had an assignment on the last week before the cruise, but as said, you could be told on embarkation day. :o Surprise !!

Who knows, maybe you will get one of upsell calls offering you a suite. Just in case, make sure you know what they are worth (in advance), and how much extra you would be willing to pay for an upgrade.

good luck

have a great cruise

Right now the cheapest suite is ~$2200 pp. Highly doubt they would come down enough for me to upgrade considering what I paid for the oceanview. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere since I don't plan on being in the room other than to sleep and shower. From what I counted when I checked today, there are about 8 or so rooms left on the website for booking. 2 of those are suites and the rest are inside cabins.

Besides just feeling eager to know, it really is no big deal. :D

We did a guarantee last cruise & it was assigned 2 days later, I was hoping for an upgrade. But no such luck for us, perhaps you will get lucky. I was able to find our cabin # in our cruise docs, I am assuming you've already checked there. I've read here that it sometimes isn't assigned until embarkation day & in that case the porters know your cabin #.

I do check my booking every day. The inside cabin wasn't upgraded as far as know (not quite sure how the sub categories work) but from everything I read it is a nice room in a good location. I'm not counting on a upgrade. Just more excited and eager to know. I did call Carnival today to make sure nothing was wrong with the booking. Who knows... maybe we will be pleasantly surprised. If one of the balcony people are willing to upgrade to a suite and we can move right on into that balcony. :D

They are probably calling those in balconies trying to get them to upgrade to the suites, then calling passengers in oceanview cabins and try to get them to upgrade to the balcony. This way they can make something on an expensive suite and you can get your guaranteed room.