Miami day before cruise

claven

Anyone have any advise or suggestions for places to eat in Miami the day before we cruise in a couple weeks.

D

We ate at http://esquinalechon.com/

and LOVED it! The prices were reasonable and there was something for everyone. The area is nice (near The Embassy Suites were we stayed) and the food was authentic and delicious!:D

We're staying at the Hampton inn, brickell, so that s interesting

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Hampton Inn/Brickell is very nice. I've stayed there pre-cruise before and will be staying again in April. Right next door to the hotel is Batch Gastropub; food is pretty good there. It's nothing you couldn't find at home, but a nice atmosphere and it scores points for being within walking distance ;)

Havana 1957 - Cuban restaurant, think there's more than one location but we went to the Brickell one. Really good food and different than what you'd find in other cities

Great suggestion. I may try this out myself when I'm down there in April. I'm staying in Brickell one night pre-cruise and I'd love some good Cuban food.

Anyone have any advise or suggestions for places to eat in Miami the day before we cruise in a couple weeks.D

I grew up in Miami. Depends on where you are staying, but I would eat at Joe's Stone Crabs if you like seafood. We ate there most recently in June when we were spending an after cruise day in Miami.

It is close to Ocean Drive. It is a Miami institution. It fills up quick, so check the opening time and be there early. Not sure if you can make reservations.

We are staying in Ft Lauderdale the night before our cruise so that we can go to Mai Kai, http://maikai.com a tiki restaurant and Polynesian show. It's an old Florida landmark from 60 years ago. Its very kitsch, featuring an idealized version of what a night in the Polynesian tropics would be like with over the top tiki decor, Asian-Pacific food, and a show with fire performers and hula girls. We love it and cannot wait to kick off our vacation there. Wish we were staying on the beach, but its spring break in South Florida so our favorite FLL hotel, the Pelican Grand Beach, was pretty booked up.

We have also stayed downtown Miami at the Intercontinental and the Langford. Both are super convenient to the port and lots of great restaurants to choose from...the restaurant at the Langford has the best burgers!

However, this trip we weren't worried about Miami/South Florida traffic getting into the port as it is a Sunday and I have an itch to go to Mai Kai. Then again we are driving our own vehicle, but if you can get around and want something really different, check it out.