Freedom of the Seas Cabins

Schplinky

It seems strange to me that they cannot have accurate pictures of these cabins online by now. They are all on the ship and they are made (except for thesuites) at a cabin factoy near the dhipyard. I know the pics online now are not the Freedom ones because the tv's are wrong.

That may be so but they still have to put curtains up and bed spreads on which is done just before the first trial sail. This will not be done until May. Pics do not look good without all the dressing of the room, ie pictures hung with care, phones , TVs and carpeting done. My husband has sold Real Estate and it is very hard to sell a house without furniture in it. Most people do not have good imaginations for a Dining Room table that will fit in a small space. That is why show homes have furiture in them.

That may be so, but they still have to put curtains up and bed spreads on which is done just before the first trial sail. This will not be done until May. Pics do not look good without all the dressing of the room, ie pictures hung with care, phones , TVs and carpeting done. My husband has sold Real Estate and it is very hard to sell a house without furniture in it. Most people do not have good imaginations for a Dining Room table that will fit in a small space. That is why show homes have furiture in them.

I am almost positive that they would have at the very least some "mock-ups" of rooms for the RCCL upper brass to look at.

It could be that the final design touches have not yet been chosen. They may have as many as a dozen (or more) rooms mocked up in different patterns waiting for management to pick one. That decision might not be needed for a while, to still give Bedspread manufacturers/suppliers (and others) enough lead time for ship completion. From my engineering experience management will wait until the very last possible day to make that decision. (or, as Dilbert might say, the last possible day plus some "management wiggle room")

I just wish there was more for us to see. I am booked on something that I feel like I know nothing about. Kinda exciting in a way but frustrating too.

I wonder how long it will be before RCL allows it to be chartered by various companies?

Do you think the rooms will really be that different than the rooms pictured?

Yes, they are suppose to be different. The Freedom will have Wall Mounted flat panel tvs leaving more room for something other that what the tv sits on in other ships.

One more thing. This is something that you might not know. The Solarium pool butts right up agains the Centrum and will have windows underwater looking into the centrum. Not sure if it new or not, but I found in interesting.

Archived