Regal Princess Questions

LynandBill

We haven't been on Princess in 4 years and have a few questions. 1)Perks for booking a Balcony Stateroom onboard and can you still do an open booking?

2)What dining room is used for anytime dining?

3)Are most glasses of wine at Vines covered under the All Inclusive Beverage package?

Thanks!

We haven't been on Princess in 4 years and have a few questions. 1)Perks for booking a Balcony Stateroom onboard and can you still do an open booking?

3)Are most glasses of wine at Vines covered under the All Inclusive Beverage package?

Thanks!

We never book onboard. Have never seen any deals. We just purchase FCD's (future cruise deposits) and book when we get home. We always try and keep several "on hand" just in case we book more.

IMO the list of wines by the glass is very limited.

We haven't been on Princess in 4 years and have a few questions.

Symphony (deck 5) for the entire dinner hours; Concerto (deck 6 mid) from 7:30 or so to close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The AIBP covers win by the glass up to $10... they do offer a discount on the bottle as well. We befriended Valaryia, the bartender in Vines, introduced us to quite a few very good wine offerings that qualified under the package.

She also does wine tasting - New World & Old World, that is only known to people that go to Vines and sign up...

we ordered a very good Italian one that was discounted and Valaryia kept it at the bar everytime we stopped by

Don't forget, under Anytime Dining will allow you to eat at the same table with same wait staff at the same time... just see the head waiter to set it up...

I can answer your question about Vines. There were 24 wines by the glass that were covered by the package. I thought it was a very good selection. There were also a couple of wine flights (3 glasses in a flight) that were included as well. The wine was served in nice Riedel stemware.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, I'm not sure. Wondering if the cruise line will offer any incentives to book with them as oppposed to booking through Viator or some other company. I realize there is a sense of security if you book through the ship ie they won't leave without you...

Catherine

To be honest, I'm not sure. Wondering if the cruise line will offer any incentives to book with them as opposed to booking through Viator or some other company. I realize there is a sense of security if you book through the ship ie they won't leave without you...

Catherine

No incentives at all.

If you meant financial incentives, an equivalent or even better independent tour usually costs less.

I have had some independent tours that cost more, but are worth it. For example, in Juneau whale watching with Harv & Marv costs a little more than the Princess tour, but with Harv & Marv you are on a boat with only six passengers and everyone gets to see every whale. Worth the extra cost.

My husband and I have gotten off at the ports several times and found an independent driver. We found that we see more and if you share with another couple it is considerably less expensive. You do need to watch your time to be sure and make it back to the ship time but our drivers have always been very attentive in that regard.

My husband and I have gotten off at the ports several times and found an independent driver. We found that we see more and if you share with another couple it is considerably less expensive. You do need to watch your time to be sure and make it back to the ship time but our drivers have always been very attentive in that regard.

Sometimes you get a good or excellent driver/guide doing that, but there have been many posts by people who have had a horrible tour by selecting in effect a random driver/guide upon arrival.

It is better to seek out driver/guide recommendations by Cruise Critic members in the Ports of Call section and reserve that person in advance.