Is anyone recently back from the Ecstasy?????

crazy.cruzer

Hubby and I are seasoned cruisers, but we are cruising with 3 teens (14, 17 and 19) that have never cruised before. We go out on March 5 and I am looking for some information!! They are concerned about eating (and I've TRIED to explain they wont go hungry, I promise!!) and I'd like to show them all the things they can do that are included!!

1. Do you have the Fun Times for the 5 day Nassau/HMC???

2. Do you have pictures the MDR menu?

3. Do you have a copy of the Room Service menu?

4. Does the Ecstasy have Dr. Pepper aboard?

5. Does the Bubbles package still come with a Carnival thermos???

6. Were the seas rough? (seasick concern)

Thank you fellow CC cruisers!!! :cool:

I can try to answer some of your questions ...

I don't have any of the FunTimes. We didn't keep them coming off any of our cruises.

However, if you look at the Carnival website for the particular boat you are sailing on, it will give them an idea of all of the food venues, and activities that are on the boat.

Menu for the MDR is posted outside the dining room in the morning. As far as your kids are concerned, there isn't really anything they can't find to be happy to eat on the Lido deck venues - hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, pizza, BBQ, etc.

Room service menu is pretty simple. We've only ordered sandwiches from it once.

The boats service Coke products ... so it's Mr. Pibb. Our kids got cups, but they were not thermos.

We've been on multiple cruises. Sometimes the water is rough, sometimes it's not. For the most part it isn't that noticeable. Of course, it's going to also depend on what level you are on, or where you are on the boat that makes a difference. We experienced pretty bad sway during dinner one evening AFT deck 3. Several people in our cabin were naucious. We got the Rx patch (goes behind your ear and each patch lasts 24 hours) and used 2 on a 8 day cruise only once. We still carry them as a precaution and have given them to friends, but we don't use them. Of note, most insurance companies don't cover the cost for cruising as it's not necessity. The patch runs about $15 per patch.

Now, having said that ... we have 8 kids, 4 boys and 4 girls. Right now b/w the ages of 17 and 24. Our kids LOVE to cruise! I have one that doesn't necessarily like to cruise, but she loves to sit on the balcony or by the pool most of the cruise and read. Now that they are all older and on their own, when we cruise, they still go w/ us - they enjoy it so much so that they even book & pay for their own cabins. There is always something to do, they always have a blast and they are never hungry and never bored. ;)

Our review from late August 2016

image.php?u=1428407&dateline=1476903402cruisinpack2

1 Review

Member Since 2016

3 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Relaxing and Convenient

Sail Date: August 2016

Destination: Bahamas

Embarkation: Charleston

This is a short review of our cruise on the Carnival Ecstasy out of Charleston SC 8/20/2016 – 8/25/2016.

I have read many reviews on this older ship, but do not agree with some of the negative comments. The Ecstasy was clean and the staff very friendly/accommodating. Was this a perfect cruise? NO. What is??? This was a very nice vacation and was very affordable for two young 60 year olds.

My wife and I traveled by car 3.5 hours the day before departure. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in north Charleston. Great Hotel!! Excellent staff!! Rooms were large, clean and breakfast was provided. All at an affordable price. They provided rides to and from the dock, so we were able to avoid the parking fee and what looked to be a parking quagmire at the dock.

After a 25-minute ride to the ship, we arrived around 11:45 am. We did not participate in the “Fast to the Fun” program and I’m glad we didn’t. We saved a few bucks and 45 minutes later we were aboard enjoying our first adult beverage. I thought the check-in experience was excellent. “I’ve Never Ever boarded a ship that fast”!

Our cabin was M7 on the main deck. It was clean and comfortable. Our cabin steward was a young man named Mahfudin. He was absolutely the best. We pre-paid all of our tips, but kicked in extra at cruise end for his excellent service. M7 is a great room for two people. Any more would have been cramped.

Most of our days aboard ship were spent in the serenity section (21 yrs + only). We both enjoy reading and my wife is a sun worshiper. Finding a nice shady spot for me was not a problem at all.

The shows we attended were good. Vegas quality? No. So what. It’s a cruise! Carnival seems to cater to a younger demographic, but we enjoyed ourselves immensely.

We’ve been on several cruises in the past, so we did not participate in any excursions. (“been there, done that”). People that did seemed to enjoy themselves. We went shopping in Nassau, sampled some local beer, and enjoyed Half Moon Cay. “That place is absolutely BEAUTIFUL”.

The food in the Main Dining Room and the Lido deck was good and plentiful. We requested “anytime seating”, but were assigned “late seating”. 8:15pm seating is a little late for us young 60 yr olds, but we managed. We went to the MDR 3 of the 5 nights.

Many people refer to Ecstasy as a small ship, but back in the early 90’s she was considered a mega liner. You’ll get plenty of exercise roaming these decks.

I was extremely impressed with debarkation. We were given a time to be at the forward elevators (8:15 am), we were off the ship and through customs by 8:35 am. Had to wait a little while for our ride, but we were back at our car and hotel by 9:15 am. I’m still in disbelief!!!

All in all, it was a nice trip. Seeing that sapphire-blue water and nothing else, would have been worth every penny. Would we sail Ecstasy again? Most definitely YES !!!

My two cents.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Hubby and I are seasoned cruisers, but we are cruising with 3 teens (14, 17 and 19) that have never cruised before. We go out on March 5 and I am looking for some information!! They are concerned about eating (and I've TRIED to explain they wont go hungry, I promise!!) and I'd like to show them all the things they can do that are included!!

1. Do you have the Fun Times for the 5 day Nassau/HMC??? I think I have most of them, if you would like to PM me your email address, I will try to round them up, scan them and get them sent in the next few days.

2. Do you have pictures the MDR menu? No, I'm sorry, I don't. They do post it outside the dining room in the morning so you can stop by and take a look.

3. Do you have a copy of the Room Service menu? I didn't take a picture but it was pretty basic, sandwiches, cookies, etc.

4. Does the Ecstasy have Dr. Pepper aboard? They had Pibb Xtra but I don't think it was on the room service menu. Remember, you can each carry on a 12 pack of cans.

5. Does the Bubbles package still come with a Carnival thermos??? I'm not sure about this. We had the cheers package and did not receive anything extra.

6. Were the seas rough? (seasick concern)

YES. The seas were rough for the first day and a half and again on the way back to Charleston on the last day and a half. I talked to a couple of people that said this was typical when sailing from Charleston and other people that said this was not the norm so I'm not sure. I mean the ship was seriously rocking. While we never got seasick, there were many that did. We went ahead and took a Bonine when we got on the ship and then once a day as a precaution. Like I said, we were fine although there was a lot of motion on the ship and it was definitely very noticeable. However, since we returned, I have been suffering with post cruise dizziness/vertigo...I haven't been sick. I just feel very off balance and just out of whack. Tomorrow will be a week since we have been back and I keep hoping it will clear up.

Thank you fellow CC cruisers!!! :cool:

We sailed on the 2/23 5 night Half Moon/Nassau sailing. We had a blast! The weather was absolutely perfect. We rented a cabana on HM and LOVED it! We also thoroughly enjoyed listening to Mat in The Piano Bar. If you have a chance, stop by and check him out. If you have any other questions, I will be glad to try to answer them. Hope you have a fabulous cruise!