Alcove on Sillouhette

cruiser2053

We are thinking about renting an alcove on our Jan.2018 cruise. For those who have rented them was it worth the $250 and what happens if there is bad weather will they refund your money? Also does anybody know the rates if you rent multiple days i can't seem to find that info on Celebrities website.

Thanks

Jeff

We have enjoyed our Alcove in the past. It is well worth the old price of $150 for a sea day, I am not sure if $250 is worth the price. There were enhanced amenities for the increased price (basically some booze included) for the increased price on the Solstice when they introduced the new rate. It is still unclear if those items are included as they have increased the price on the other ships.

We actually have an alcove rented for our upcoming cruise on the Reflection for the entire sailing (did it before the price increase fortunately). When we made the reservation I was told that the discounted rate is handled on board. I need to go to Guest Relations and they should give me an OBC equal to 20% of what I paid for the rental. I do have names of the person that I spoke with if there is an issue after I board. Personally I think this is a poor way to apply a volume discount as it is a lot of work and uncertainty for the customer, but that is what it is.

Thank you for the response long time lurker, This seems like something we would really enjoy also. We were considering reserving it for all sea days when I thought the price was $150 but at $250 not sure if we will do it at all.

Again thanks for the reply

Jeff

Long time lurker

T

Just off Reflection from B2B. Rented an alcove for the entire trip. Guest relations had no idea what I was talking about when I asked for the 20% credit to be applied. They straightened it out within a day, but make sure you stop by if not credited by mid cruise. It was a 149.00 credit for each week. Enjoy...

Sonoma Fans-- Was the sea day price $249 and did they include the beer, champagne or vodka as they are doing on Solstice? How was the service? When we originally rented on the Silhouette a few years ago we rarely saw the attendant. Not a major problem, we are pretty self-sufficient, but I am curious.

Price was 149/99. We had booked almost 9 months ahead of our 1/28/17 trip to guarantee the alcove for the week. The Lawn Club waiters are the Cabana Butlers during the day as they set up the restaurant. Service was excellent and they will get you what ever you want. Jenner was our Cabana attendant much of the time, and he was very good. Some folks had too many people in the alcove (8) and caused some delays as they were always asking for more drinks. They are designed for 2-4. If you have it for the week, go to the Lawn Club upon embarkation and see the folks in there to pick out you alcove. Tell them it is for the week and you will be set.