Celebrity Pins

asctony

Does Celebrity have Captain's Circle pins (Classic, Select or Elite) like the other cruise lines? Thank you.

Hi Asctony !

No, not currently. Would be a nice idea though. Why not suggest it to Captain's Club ?

Hi,

Yes, we're original Captain's Club members, as well, and also have the pins from those days. We still take them on every sailing and proudly wear them as Founders.

They were a nice, simple design, magnetic so as not to fray the satin on a tuxedo lapel.

One of the fun things about wearing them these days is that othe passengers not having them, or ever seeing them, invariably ask if I'm an offical of the cruise line. Most times, if they're just asking directions, I simply give them the answer and wish them a pleasant cruise. ;)

CM

We also date back to the Founder days and paid $35.00. However, we did not receive any pins at all from Celebrity. Didn't even get a video.

I must agree, Celebrity does provide some benefits for repeaters, but not much.

Nothing is free today, you pay one way or the other. LOL

I was also a member of the Founder's as well from nearly the beginning. Never got pins either. Anyone remember the luggage tags they used to give out with our numbers on it? I tried to get another one with no luck.

Anita

We joined in 1997 or 1998 for $35 & received pins plus a video of our choice, but they weren't magnetic, they are stick pins which are kind of classy. They are languishing in my jewelry box, never worn. Maybe they'll be worth something someday:D

:

There was a little gold rectangular pin in my cabin on the Alaska cruise. do you suppose it had something to do with getting into a connections party in Michael's Club? i threw it away.

Yes. These are for the Connections participants.

We joined in '93 after our first cruise and we got: stick Captain's club pins, Plastic luggage tags w/our membership # on them and a video. Since then, you can't find a video of the ships and I think our CC #'s have changed. But we still put them on our luggage hoping for priority delivery, I suppose. The pins are somewhere in my jewelry box and I think we only wore them once.

Our friends joined right before the dropped the $35 fee and I don't think they got anything. But we did take advantage of the 1 category upgrade at least 2 times. I think that was worth at least $20 each time.

But we did take advantage of the 1 category upgrade at least 2 times. I think that was worth at least $20 each time.
We never even see that, now. Used to be you could book the 1C aft cabins and pay the 2A rate (once in our cruising history with X), but now that they've switched to CC, that doesn't work. Booking FO, FV and SS cabins, we get nada, of course.

My take on an upgrade is:

Inside to inside (from one deck to another) is not an upgrade.

Inside to an outside (regardless of deck) is an upgrade.

When you really look at the Mercury:

An inside stateroom is 171 sq ft. An ocean-view stateroom is 172 sq ft (w/window)

A DELUXE ocean-view with sitting area is 172 sq ft w/VCR.

So, aone category upgrade is very misleading.

I joined when we had to pay $35 but never got a pin or video or anything for that matter. The upgrade of one category does nothing for us because we book a CC cabin so it doesn't apply to us.

On RCI we get money off on a balcony which I wish X did, but I can't imagine they will do it. We are going on RCI because of the perks we get with Diamond membership. Just seems to me that X would want us to stay sailing with them, but at least they have given us the status of Diamond on RCI. Thanks for that.

Katie

Archived