Benefits to booking your next cruise while on your cruise?

auscgguysgirl

I know they offer this ... but am wondering what, if any, incentives or bonuses are given to booking your next cruise while on your cruise, as opposed to just booking it through the website or the TA?

I've been looking for a 14 day Panama Canal cruise leaving Tampa ... and wondering if I should just book it? Or wait and book on the boat when we sail in April?

Does it matter?

You get onboard credit when booking on board. The good news is that credit is stackable with other things and sticks with you even after a price adjustment, the bad news is not all ships have future cruise desks anymore so you simply can't book future cruises on some ships. Here's more...

[YOUTUBE]uk-kPsONpPs[/YOUTUBE]

There is another Carnival cutback in progress. On those ships that have a future cruise desk (most do) you will receive varying OBC for a future cruise booked. Under 6 days $50 OBC, 6 days $75, 7-11 days $100 OBC,12+ days $200 OBC and 2 friends and family vouchers that will allow others to receive OBC on the same cruise. There is currently a test program on the Vista, Conquest and Glory that only gives $50 OBC regardless of cruise length and eliminates the F+F vouchers.

The future cruise rep. on the Glory says that Carnival will implement this lesser benefit fleetwide soon.

I remember you used to be able to buy a voucher for a future cruise while on ship and get OBC is that eliminated too? We can't book our next cruise yet because we don't know what our 2017-2018 year round school schedule will be yet.

We are just off the Magic a week ago. We booked our next cruise for January 2018 while on board. The previous posters are correct that you only receive OBC and the 2 F&F vouchers.

I asked the Future Cruise desk staff if you would get a better rate going directly through Carnival, versus say Expedia, but he said the rates are always the same everywhere you go. Only differences would be in the "extras" such as OBC, reduced deposit (still has to be paid later don't forget, doesn't actually reduce anything) etc. I questioned why this was and he said that they rely on travel agents and agencies for a large part of their business and they don't want to limit them by charging them more. Makes sense.