Upsell / Upgrade Advantage Programme for US customers? Not the UK?

cjc23

I have booked my forthcoming NCL Epic cruise around the Medwith a UK travel agent and paid in £

Reading on this valuable forum that an upsell / UpgradeAdvantage Programme was available, I decided to call the upsell team in US, whoadvised that as I booked and paid in £ they couldn’t help but advised me tocontact the UK upsell team. Well the NCLHead office for customer service in Southampton, UK say they don’t have anupsell team and also mentioned that if the opportunity to upgrade was availablewhich doesn’t happen very often, they ‘may’ be in contact. Being a cynic believe this never happens asall the unsold cabins are offered via the US based upsell team or the new UpgradeAdvantage Programme!

Bearing in mind we are all sailing on the same ship not surewhy different rules for different passengers, and the Upgrade Advantage Programmeterms and conditions don’t appear to confirm its only available to US customers.

Hence the questions:

Are you in the UK and been offered an upsell or email regardingthe new Upgrade Advantage Programme ? Ifso who did you book through and did you pay for cruise in £?

Anyone know if the UK actually have an upsell dept and theirtelephone number please?

How do I find out if I will receive an email invite as itsless than 90 days to be cruise, and I have paid in full, and would love toparticipate in the bidding system?

Thanks in advance for your help

Are you in the UK and been offered an upsell or email regardingthe new Upgrade Advantage Programme ? No

Ifso who did you book through and did you pay for cruise in £?

Anyone know if the UK actually have an upsell dept and theirtelephone number please? No

How do I find out if I will receive an email invite as itsless than 90 days to be cruise, and I have paid in full, and would love toparticipate in the bidding system? No

I called the upsell line in the USA direct -

I was told that a very clear NO - no chance for we UK cruisers!

I know for a fact our Getaway cruise is offering Upsells to USA residents - nothing for us!

Seems pretty discriminative and unfair to me!:mad:

Also - I am not sure but I don't think Epic is in the programme yet?

I have been booking cruises directly with NCL UK for over 5 years now. It has never been my expectation that I would get any upgrade offers and I have never heard of anyone who booked in the UK getting the opportunity.

If I was interested in this then I would not book via NCL UK.

I don't necessarily see this as discriminatory. We are booking under different terms, some of which are better and some are worse. There is nothing to stop people from booking with different people if they like those terms better.

Not exactly your question (but it may assist someone else searching for answers), those who book from Canada still get the offer. Even if you pay in CAD. We do typically follow US terms and conditions in everything though.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thanks for your feedback so far.

We have previously cruised on P&O ships sailing from UK and therefore NCL (US based ship/company using $ onboard) will be a new experience.

Only since booking and reading these forums have I found out the wealth of knowledge inc booking your dining/shows, upselling, etc, etc which is all new to me which you don't see in the brochure!

We have thankfully booked a mini suite for three of us however the chance to bid/upsell to Haven would be great but whatever I am sure we will be pleased.

I believe it's due to consumer laws in your country, which are stricter than those here. There are benefits, such as or having to pay gratuities on "free" perks.

True - always a bonus :)

And hey - who cares - did I really want a Haven suite anyway (she says tongue in cheek LOL!!)

Just happy to be cruising - always :')